Monkey Groove Skin Tweak

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

monkeyfan1970

Monkey Groove Skin Tweak

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Hello,

Among all the skins in MM5, I like Monkey Groove Skin the most. It is clean and visually pleasing. As someone who works in the media and design industry, I strongly feel that Monkey Groove skin needs a series of tweaks and fixes.

1. The fonts are just too small. It needs to be a little bigger.
2. Can the Track title be a little bigger? Can it be on top of the waveform?
3. Can the graphic equaliser be much broader? It is a shame that it is so small. You could push other elements like the time renaming and stars ratings to the left to make room for the graphic equaliser.
4. And finally can we have custom colour for Monkey Groove. Right now it, Monkey Groove uses blue. It would be great if I can pick or customise the accent colour.

Thank you.
Peke

Re: Monkey Groove Skin Tweak

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MM5 Debug version you can simply right click and select Inspect -> Find element you wat to chaneg and chage it on fly to see what satisfy you and make screen shots of the proposal.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

1) and 2) I agree. The text does appear too small, and that'll be an easy fix. Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17315
Unfortunately putting the title above the waveform wouldn't be feasible, though, sorry.

3) As for the visualizer, I'm a little hesitant on increasing the size of that one, out of concern for battery life on laptops, because a bigger visualizer means more CPU usage. But you can turn on the larger visualizer in the Now Playing screen, and switch it to Basic Bars.

4) I like that idea. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17316
It'll take a while to get done, though, because I'd have to make a color picker dialog so that the user doesn't have to type in raw hexadecimal values.
In the meantime, if you want to change the accent colors yourself, you can un-zip the Monkey Groove skin (from the skins subfolder), and edit skin_base_add.less. There's @warningColor, @warning2Color, and @windowBorderColor that you'd need to change.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
And to select color to get that hexdecimal values you can use http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/colormania.html app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

drakinite wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:49 pm 1) and 2) I agree. The text does appear too small, and that'll be an easy fix. Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17315
Unfortunately putting the title above the waveform wouldn't be feasible, though, sorry.

3) As for the visualizer, I'm a little hesitant on increasing the size of that one, out of concern for battery life on laptops, because a bigger visualizer means more CPU usage. But you can turn on the larger visualizer in the Now Playing screen, and switch it to Basic Bars.

4) I like that idea. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17316
It'll take a while to get done, though, because I'd have to make a color picker dialog so that the user doesn't have to type in raw hexadecimal values.
In the meantime, if you want to change the accent colors yourself, you can un-zip the Monkey Groove skin (from the skins subfolder), and edit skin_base_add.less. There's @warningColor, @warning2Color, and @windowBorderColor that you'd need to change.

Hello drakinite,

Thanks for adding my request. Appreciate it!

3. I am not asking for the graphic equaliser to be super big. But I feel it is currently way too small and too thin. It just needs to be a little broader and wider. Much like MM4's graphic equaliser. I don't think it will impact on CPU usage much.

4. Thank you for considering my idea!

It would be great if you could add a colour picker. I do not mind keying in the hex colour code value manually. There could be a colour code entry in MM5's settings or a separate colour setting file. And the skin file that you mention would be reading from the settings file.

5. Wave Form Look.

Rather then having a constant grey overlay box/block for the track progress over the wave form, can we have a colour overlay where it is part of the waveform. Something like soundcloud's waveform. Users could customise the colour in preference.