UI improvements/tiny fixes

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Re: UI improvements/tiny fixes

Post by drakinite »

Oh wow, I didn't even realize Git didn't exist until 2005. I had assumed it was much older than that.
(MM was initially created in 2001, back when it was called Songs-DB)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Here's a small improvement to the track info dialog! Originally, the thumbnails for track info did not show up the right size (See the empty space below the artwork), and that's because it's given a raw pixel size that is independent of the rest of the popup.

Giving it a CSS property of calc(100% - 20px) [because the dialog's inner padding is 10px on the top and bottom) makes it the right size every time.
I gave the artwork a class name of "dlgArtwork" and put the new attribute inside skin_layout.less, and I also had to give its parent div a hardcoded attribute height:100%.
In dlgTrackInfo.js, thumbSize had to be increased so that the resolution of the image is higher, and the code that sets its height and width had to be commented out; except for the width of unknownAA, which had to stay the same.

I think it looks quite a bit better now :slight_smile:

dlgTrackInfo.html: https://puu.sh/GOwjF/ec65e924eb.html
dlgTrackInfo.js: https://puu.sh/GOwjT/26ac60220a.js
skin_layout.less: https://puu.sh/GOwld/ea5ba889f3.less
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

BTW: instead of style="height: 100%" you can use already existing stretchHeight class (defined in skin_layout.less)

Also this code does not look very clean:

Code: Select all

.innerDlg {
    display: block;
    padding: 10px;
}
.innerDlg .dlgArtwork {
    height: ~"calc(100% - 20px)";
}
cleaner would be something like this:

@innerDlgPadding: 10px;
.innerDlg {
    display: block;
    padding: @innerDlgPadding;
}
.innerDlg .innerDlgHeightWithoutPadding {
    height: calc(100% - (2 * @innerDlgPadding));
}

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Oh nice, thanks for the note! I didn't notice that class.

However, Lesscss does its own weird stuff with the calc() function. It evaluates that function and turns it into simply "calc(80%)". See https://github.com/less/less.js/issues/974

This statement does work:

height: ~"calc(100% - (2 * @{innerDlgPadding}))";
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

drakinite wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:21 am This statement does work:

height: ~"calc(100% - (2 * @{innerDlgPadding}))";
Great! Just used it ;-)

(as I also found that my original suggestion does not work when I tried it later :-) )
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

:grin: