Compacted Version of Main (Material Design) Skins

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Compacted Version of Main (Material Design) Skins

Post by drakinite »

Hey all,
I love the appearance of the Material Dark skin, but it gets pretty cramped on small displays, such as on laptops. I made an addon to make the text and list rows a bit more compact, as well as the player. This way it looks much nicer on my laptop, at least to my eyes.
Here it is if any of you would like to use it. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprpfsQ_cPM2z4iAVmeKQ

Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement!

OLD LINK: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprneJiMWL ... A?e=SjS1yN (This one isn't a valid format; You'll have to extract the subfolder into the Skins subfolder of MediaMonkey)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
hintergrundrauschen

Re: Compacted Version of Main (Material Design Dark) Skin

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Just what I need for my media pc. But it's all green - is that supposed to be so? :o
Claude
drakinite

Re: Compacted Version of Main (Material Design Dark) Skin

Post by drakinite »

Sorry! This was an old post, before I knew how to properly create addons or skins. I believe the zip that was linked is in the wrong format (And it's outdated). I'll update the link in a little bit with a new one 🙂
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Re: Compacted Version of Main (Material Design) Skins

Post by drakinite »

Made a new one! This one is an addon; it'll cause both Material Design and Material Design (Dark) to have a more compact appearance.

I couldn't figure out a way to automatically detect (in the LESS code) which skin is selected, so it might cause some weird appearances if you select non-Material skins (e.g. Metro M and Monkey Groove). I've been toying with different ideas, but I might have to just make separate compact versions of both skins and release them separately in the future.

Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprpfsQ_cPM2z4iAVmeKQ

Let me know if you have any feedback!
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

works! :D
Claude
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

FYI, if anyone has this addon installed, it is made obsolete with the release of 5.0.2. The default Material Design skin now has a switch between normal, compact, and large sizing modes. Please uninstall this addon after updating to 5.0.2, as it may interfere with the appearance of some objects. It has now been removed from the addons section of the site.