Undesired Files Sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kathy2343

Re: Undesired Files Sync

Post by kathy2343 »

I haven't used the MediaMonkey manage collections feature. I just have all my music in two Music folders that are selected for Add/Rescan files to the library. When I select File/Manage Collections, the only things checked in the Media Tree are Now Playing (grayed out), Music, Playlists (grayed out), and several checkboxes at the bottom of the list that don't have any labels next to them. I unchecked all of those, and if you think that will make a difference, I'll try resyncing.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Create Playlists in MMW4 and then Sync using only the Playlists to your Android device(s).

Tracks can be in multiple Playlist but will only be copied to device once e.g. in Album Playlist, Date Range Playlist or Star Rating Playlist.

Same approach should work in MMW5 but can't say I have tested it too much.

Run the Debug version of MMW then you can always "see" what is going on.
Ian Taylor
kathy2343

Post by kathy2343 »

I've given up. I've checked every setting I know to check, and my structure is very simple: I want to sync everything in D:\Music to Internal Storage\Music on my mobile device. On my last effort, I synced three separate times, and a lot of albums simply won't sync. I'm not syncing playlists, genres, or anything else--only a single location from my desktop.

At this point, I won't be using MMA sync. Unless I find another app that does syncing, I'll have to copy all my music manually back and forth between my computer and my device.

I'm very sad, as I had hoped to use this feature to avoid having to manually copy back and forth, and I spent many hours and many posts here trying to get it working. :(

I do appreciate Lowlander's efforts to help, but in the end the documentation is simply too confusing for this user who is very tech savvy but still finds the MM settings beyond daunting.
kathy2343

Post by kathy2343 »

IanRTaylor--I saw your post after giving up and manually copying all my music. It's a good idea but would involve creating playlists for my entire collection, which is a bit much. Still, I might have tried it if I'd seen it sooner. Hopefully it will help others who visit this board.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Kathy2343,

I would recommend starting with just one playlist for say one album and building up a few playlists at a time.

This way you can get feedback on your settings and choices. For example, in file locations for Music I personally use:

\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc #><Track #:2>-<Title>

to get:

\Xperia XZ\XZJune2021\Music\10cc\Sheet Music\101-The Wall Street Shuffle.mp3

On the device "Zperia XZ" with the SD Card "XZJune2021"
Ian Taylor