Casting: Crossfade / Volume Levelling / Notification Sounds

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

richiefinger

Casting: Crossfade / Volume Levelling / Notification Sounds

Post by richiefinger »

I use my Android device to cast my Android Library to my various speakers in the house.
I use a few Yamaha MusicCast WXAD-10's plugged in to my various legacy amp/speakers.

With Apple I can cast the whole laptop system using Airplay and this way I can still use crossfade & volume levelling and hear laptop notifications on the cast receiving device. (Not using MM of course!)

I can do the same when casting the whole Android phone but for some reason the connection this uses to cast is really poor, to the point of being unusable.
If I use casting direct from MMA it works fine. I usually cast to Yamaha Musiccast WXAD-10's plugged into my legacy amps around the house. Unfortunately this means that crossfade and track leveling doesn't work.

Is there any way to fix this?

Also is there a way to send notification sounds from MMA to the casting device when casting.
Phone still rings etc but does not come out of the amp , just out of the phone.
I keep missing calls when casting and volume of amp is louder than the phone.
Peke

Re: Casting: Crossfade / Volume Levelling / Notification Sounds

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately Google Cast is different than AirPlay, which is more like BT connection where all Phone audio is redirected to connected device :(

FYI Crossfade control have been passed to receiving device, I suggest that you check Yamaha manual and see if there is an option to enable Gappless/Crossfading playback.

Re Volume Leveling please try with latest MM 5.0.2.2500 build from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d as e tweaked things a bit regarding Volume level index and casting as bug fix https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18132
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts