Database weirdness on new phone

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmnelson52

Database weirdness on new phone

Post by kmnelson52 »

I am a MediaMonkey Pro subscriber. I recently switched a new phone, a Motorola One 5G Ace. So I swapped out my SD Card from my previous hone to the Motorola phone. The app itself installed when my account moved over to the new phone. When I went to play songs through MM most of the album art was gone, even though it still remained in the same place on the SD card. Further, the artwork on most songs pointed to TWO different album covers. Weird. Then I discovered all of the Genres are now appearing as number codes with <>, such as <34>. And last, on a number of titles, MM has added additional spaces at the end of an artist name, song title, or album title. This is as random a process as you can find.

What happened? Will I ever be able to point back to the original album art or is that gone forever? And other than manually editing the titles of almost 2000 tunes, what do I do about the Genres?

I am not a happy customer right now.
Andre_H

Re: Database weirdness on new phone

Post by Andre_H »

If you put the SD card back in the old cell phone, will everything work there? (Or has the data on the SD card possibly been changed? Is any other music playback app running on the new mobile phone that could change the content?)

Would "delete everything and re-sync from MMW" be an option?
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
kmnelson52

Re: Database weirdness on new phone

Post by kmnelson52 »

I do not have the old phone anymore.

I never synced my music so that is not an option.

Also, all of the artwork is now showing up in the same directory as my music folder, which is not how I had it set up previously. I'm about to copy them to a new subfolder and delete them, but don't know where I can set that subfolder up as the default folder for artwork. So right now I have artwork turned off, but a lot of songs are still showing up with those two idiotic album covers, and the Genres are all screwed up.

I'm beginning to think maybe it's time to find a new media player for my Android.