YEAR DATE RELEASE DATE CUSTOM DATE Wierdness

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

richiefinger

YEAR DATE RELEASE DATE CUSTOM DATE Wierdness

Post by richiefinger »

I'm getting strange inconsistencies with dates on both MM5 and MMA

ie: Grace Jones - Sorry when viewed in MM5 has "Year/Date" empty "Original Date" empty and "Custom 2" has a release date of the album/compilation that it was ripped from "2015-5-4"

I changed the title of the track from "Sorry" to "Sorry Test" and then re synced to MMA. Just to make sure it was updating properly. The track now shows up in MMA as "Sorry Test". However when I inspect properties for the track in MMA it shows "Release Date" as 1997 ????. I've checked the properties in MM5 and nowhere does it say 1997 including lyrics filename everything?

On another track that has empty "Date/Year" and empty "Original Date" and "Custom 2" populated with the release date. MMA shows properties for "Release Date" as the date in Custom 2??? I don't want MM deciding what data it wants to use. It feels like its found a random date and is displaying that as the date??? Am I missing something? I've put these release dates in Custom 2 because I DON'T want them used as a date.

Could it also be possible to tell MMA to sort by Date, this is a real pain to not have this and I have to use playlists as a workaround which isn't great.
Lowlander

Re: YEAR DATE RELEASE DATE CUSTOM DATE Wierdness

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly did you Sync?

Also which version of MM5 and MMA and what File Type(s) are affected?
richiefinger

Re: YEAR DATE RELEASE DATE CUSTOM DATE Wierdness

Post by richiefinger »

Sync by wifi
Both FLAC files
MMA 1.4.4.0952
MM5 5.0.1.2420