No album art showing on car system

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

No album art showing on car system

Post by gordol »

MMA4 on a Samsung Galaxy S20+. 2017 Kia Sportage with the Harman Kardon sound system.

Music plays fine, and I get the artist/album/track info on the display. However, where the album art should be it just shows the BT logo with a music note overlay. The very first time I connected the phone to this new-to-me car, it showed the album art exactly once. When that track finished, I have never since seen album art displayed when playing over BT.

"Limit size for external apps" was set to 0. I stepped that up to 200, no change.

I'm pretty sure it's MMA and not the car, because my brother was trialing MMA on his S9 and new Toyota Tacoma and had the same thing. When he uses the Samsung built-in player, he gets the album art.
Andre_H

Re: No album art showing on car system

Post by Andre_H »

gordol wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:35 pmwhen playing over BT.
Thats the reason. BT doesn't seem to transfer Cover due to protokoll Limits. Check Android Auto via USB Cable instead.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
gordol

Post by gordol »

Andre_H wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:04 am Thats the reason. BT doesn't seem to transfer Cover due to protokoll Limits. Check Android Auto via USB Cable instead.
Unfortunately that's a no-go. Yes, the car has Android Auto. But it is very glitchy on my phone. It works, once. Then I have to clear the app cash for AA on the phone to get it to work again. Lather, rinse, repeat, every time I want to plug the phone into the car.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Pretty sure you can't get covers via BT, i tried several Apps/Players on different cars. Only way i get it to work is Android Auto, what means USB cable, or USB Stick.

I don't like it too, but it seems BT is limited. Did a little web search that time, found no solution.

If you get it to work, i would appreciate the way to do.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
gordol

Post by gordol »

Andre_H wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:32 am Pretty sure you can't get covers via BT, i tried several Apps/Players on different cars. Only way i get it to work is Android Auto, what means USB cable, or USB Stick.
I have one more thing to try re: Android Auto. And I agree, if I can get it to work reliably it would be better.
I don't like it too, but it seems BT is limited. Did a little web search that time, found no solution.

If you get it to work, i would appreciate the way to do.
I'm now thinking you're 100% correct on that. I'm not getting the art from Podcast Republic over BT either.