Completely bluffed and lost

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

pah68

Completely bluffed and lost

Post by pah68 »

Is there a dumbed down step by step guide to explaining how I set up wireless syncing from my lifetime licenced MMW5 on Win 10 to my MMA Android version? I see no servers, I can't make sense of the instructions on setting them up. They don't seem to match the settings in windows in my MMW5.

Both devices are on the same home wireless network, VPN off on both, and 2 feet apart. Now what?

I used to put up with the slightly fluffy USB sync with my previous MMW4x version but now the USB sync is far worse and missing all sorts of files and not updating my playcounts.
Lowlander

Re: Completely bluffed and lost

Post by Lowlander »

pah68

Post by pah68 »

Hasn't helped. I don't want to cast to another device. I want to sync a selection of files from my external HD plugged into a Win 10 machine running MMW5 to my Samsung S9

Enabled and running on the PC, according to the MM Media Sharing settings are two servers.
MediaMonkey Library
MediaMonkey Server

Back on my Samsung phone. Try to Sync, and MMA can't find a Sync server.
If I try to add one manually I'm asked for http(s)://host:port/path_to_device_description_file.xml
And that's where the joy, hope and expectation ends.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What port is the Media Server set as in MM5? Have you looked at Firewall settings?
pah68

Post by pah68 »

MediaMonkey Server - Port 41984, (unchanged default)
MediaMonkey Library - Port 56915, (unchanged default)

Why 2 and what's the difference?

I've tried to look at the firewall settings but can't make sense of them.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can remove one of the Servers, it's a left over from a long time ago when wi-fi sync was introduced.

I think it's better to use a port under 16000 (be safe and choose one under 15000) as the higher ports can cause problems. Do you have any other device on the network you can use to see MM5?

It probably boils down to the Firewall blocking MM5 or MMA being on a wifi network that's not allowed to see the local network (common with Guest networks).