Doesn't show track length or let me seek

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MM3 monkey

Doesn't show track length or let me seek

Post by MM3 monkey »

When I open an mp3 or ogg file with MM on my Galaxy S9 rooted Android 10 phone, the track plays fine but it doesn't show the length of the track or let me seek.

I have MediaMonkey Pro, and am running version 1.4.3.0950

Any idea what's going on?

It works in MX Player Pro.

Thanks.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
Lowlander

Re: Doesn't show track length or let me seek

Post by Lowlander »

Is this for all media files on your phone, or just certain files?
MM3 monkey

Re: Doesn't show track length or let me seek

Post by MM3 monkey »

Lowlander wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am Is this for all media files on your phone, or just certain files?
Well, I just tried a couple of mp4 video files and they work fine, i.e. you can go to a different place in the video and MediaMonkey displays the total length of the video on the right.

But all the mp3s I've tried do the same thing. They play fine but the total track length on the right reads -00:00, and if I click on the thin grey seekbar, the track starts at the beginning.

I've tried it with mp3s on my SD card and on my internal storage. I tried a flac file too, with the same result.

All this was after I uninstalled and reinstalled MediaMonkey.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:
MM3 monkey

I can't rate tracks either

Post by MM3 monkey »

No sure if I should post this here, or in the recent thread How does one rate tracks?, or start a new thread.

But maybe I've got some bigger problem relating to both issues, so I'll ask here:

How do I rate tracks?

When I click on the artwork, five blank stars show up, but I can't click on them. Also, if I go to Properties via the three dots at bottom right, I see the ratings again but nothing happens when I click on the stars.

Also, regarding the original track length/seek issue, I now see in Properties that the file size is listed as 0 bytes.

Also, the path (as seen in the screenshot below, has a folder called "512!" before the file. That folder does not exist as far as my file explorer on my phone shows.

The real path is
Internal storage/Music/2-01 Mission In The Rain.mp3
or
storage/emutated/0/Music/2-01 Mission In The Rain.mp3

But looking at Properties in my file explorer on my phone shows this path as the "Content URI" whatever that is:
content://com.mixplorer.file/512!/2-01%20Mission%20In%20The%20Rain.mp3

So here are two screenshots:

MediaMonkey properties:

MiXplorer properties:

And ... in the first screenshot, should I be able to edit e.g. the Artist and Album via that Properties window? I can't.