My images won't show up

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ventrella

My images won't show up

Post by Ventrella »

I very much enjoy Media Monkey on my Pixel -- it works perfectly with my Honda, unlike other players I used in the past. I then used a free program called "Album Art Changer" to make sure all the songs had the proper album/single cover.

Then my phone crashed yesterday. I had to reinstall everything.

Suddenly, MM is not accepting the artwork from Album Art Changer. Not sure why. It worked so well before.

Is there another program I should be using? Is there something I should be doing?

I appreciate any help.
Ventrella

Re: My images won't show up

Post by Ventrella »

No suggestions? :(

Does anyone use a specific album art changer that works best with Media Monkey?
Ventrella

[SOLVED] Album art exists but not shown in MMA

Post by Ventrella »

Do I need to upgrade in order to do this? I'm still having the problem of not seeing the artwork on the list, and then sometimes MM grabs the wrong artwork and I want to correct this.

I used to use one of the album art downloader apps and that worked great, but when I had to reboot my pixel a few weeks ago, all that stopped working for some reason.
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

I had some issues with album art too, though I can't say anything about the Album Art Changer software.
The problems I had originated from having more than 1 album picture for a song, sometimes one as part of the audio file, sometimes one or several separately as jpg in the folder which contained the music. And somehow MMA always chose the wrong picture, typically not the one shown in MMW :P !
I tried to solve this by deleting all separate album art picture files from my phone but this wasn't really successful as then in many cases no album art was shown at all, allthough there was a picture included in the music file.

The solution was to uninstall MMA and delete all the music from the phone and also the MMA folders which are not deleted by uninstalling MMA. I also took care that no album art pictures remained in hidden areas of the file structure on the phone.

I also took care that there also were no remaining album art pictures on my computer and all of them were saved only in the music files (maybe unnecessary).

I installed MMA anew, synced everything again et voilà: All album art in MMA is fine.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Ventrella

Post by Ventrella »

Thanks for commenting!

My issue is more with my phone -- MM is finding pictures for some, yes, but there are some obscure things on my music list that MM won't find (such as recordings of my own band!) -- is there a way to get MM to change or just add pictures on a phone?

I note as well that if I look at MM in the "tracks" view, where the list is, most do not have pictures next to them even though if I expand it, the picture shows up. Not sure why.

I'm mostly confused because it was working great with the Album finder program until my phone crashed and I had to reinstall everything, so this may mostly just be a phone issue I can't figure out.

Hoping a new MM version comes out that has the option to change the picture.
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

I agree that picture handling could be improved in future MMA versions. I'd love to see a kind of "repair" function that tries to read again all pictures for all songs.

BTW.: In "Tracks" view I also see every album art and it is displayed really quick. I have to add, though, that my music is in the internal memory of the phone and not on the SD card (happy to have 256GB of internal memory) so this may speed up things a lot.
Ventrella

Post by Ventrella »

Where on the phone would it be? In what directory? Maybe if I upload my art there...
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

I think you shouldn't save art by hand, MMA probably won't find it. Include the album art in MMW and then sync it, you can select whether you want internal or external memory (for WIFI sync select it in the MMA app, for USB sync in MMW).
Ventrella

Post by Ventrella »

I have a Pixel, so everything is saved on the phone, so that's not the issue.

I'm just frustrated because before I had to reboot the Pixel, the Album Art Changer program worked perfectly. No idea why MM won't now accept it (or any other similar program).

Wish I were more technologically proficient. Or that MM would add a function to do what Album Art Changer used to do for me.