Shuffling between playlists?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Kabukiman

Shuffling between playlists?

Post by Kabukiman »

I just bought the Pro versions of MMW and MMA. I got everything synced to MMA, but I can't figure out how to add my playlists into a shuffled queue/playing list. How do I do this?
Lowlander

Re: Shuffling between playlists?

Post by Lowlander »

Long press a Playlist, select all Playlists you want added and use one of the Play options (Now, Next, Last) at the bottom left of the screen.
Kabukiman

Post by Kabukiman »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:30 pm Long press a Playlist, select all Playlists you want added and use one of the Play options (Now, Next, Last) at the bottom left of the screen.
Thank you, this worked. However, once I have multiple playlists shuffled together, how do I add a song I want to play directly after the current one to the queue? The only way I've been able to do it is to add a song to "play next", turn off shuffle for the current song, and then once the song is playing, turn shuffle back on. Obviously having to turn shuffle back on is an issue for things like when I'm driving. Is there a way to add a single song to play next while keeping the shuffled queue playing afterwards?
Kabukiman

Play specific song(s) next without turning off shuffle

Post by Kabukiman »

I want to have a specific song play directly after the current one, while afterwards going back to playing the shuffled playlists I have set up. Right now, if I choose a song to "play next", it just adds it next in the song list, but it doesn't actually get played next when shuffle is on, so I have to choose the song, then turn shuffle off for the current song, then turn shuffle back on when the new song is playing. Obviously this is a problem during something like driving. Is there a way I can have a song play directly next without having to turn shuffling off and then on again?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's the only way.

If you're only adding a single Playlist you can view the files on the Playlist and use the Shuffle Play on top of the screen to add the files in a random order to the Now Playing. That will allow you to have Shuffle disabled and use Play Next at any time.
Kabukiman

Post by Kabukiman »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:17 pm That's the only way.

If you're only adding a single Playlist you can view the files on the Playlist and use the Shuffle Play on top of the screen to add the files in a random order to the Now Playing. That will allow you to have Shuffle disabled and use Play Next at any time.
That's unfortunate. I think MM badly needs to address this. It's a standard feature of every major music feature. I'm really loving the control MM gives me over organizing my music, but I really want to see more control over how your music is actually played. I think "play next" and "add to list" should be two different options. Would also be great to have control over how diverse the shuffled songs were. For instance, if you want each successive song to be from a different band. Sometimes I keep getting the same band over and over again even when I have multiple playlists added to my shuffle list.