USB Sync is broken. Need to purchase addon package now

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

plague.y3k@gmail.com

USB Sync is broken. Need to purchase addon package now

Post by plague.y3k@gmail.com »

Hi,

I liked this app in both desktop (Win10) and my phone (Sony XQ-AT52). I was able to sync my songs between my desktop and phone via USB without any issues.

So I bought the folder browser/homescreen addon only since I didn't need the rest.

Suddenly the USB sync is having issues with my phone. Says to connect via WIFI to sync. I have rebooted my device and my PC. I even erased all the music data and MediaMonkey settings from my phone to see if any faulty files were causing the issue.

https://imgur.com/LD6gITJ

It can't be a connection issue because I'm able to sync fine using Winamp AND MediaGo by Sony. The reason I need to sync using MediaMonkey is because the Album Artist information is not being picked up by MediaMonkey on Android correctly if it was not synced through the apps. It's listing Artists as Album Artists instead. When I synced it using MediaMonkey, there's no issues. I get the right Album Artists and the Artwork.

I need to pay for the other addons now to get it. Would be nice to get a discount on the complete addon package since I already own part of it.

Please let me know what I should do.
Lowlander

Re: USB Sync is broken. Need to purchase addon package now

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ync-fails/

Generally Sync proceeds despite the warning.
plague.y3k@gmail.com

Re: USB Sync is broken. Need to purchase addon package now

Post by plague.y3k@gmail.com »

Sorry for the delay.

It's not a warning but an error. It is detecting the Internal storage drive in my phone. Only the SD card drive is not working to be synced. It gets detected and the error gets thrown. I have removed the profile from MediaMonkey, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver on both phone and PC.

But strange thing happened yesterday. I retried once more and removed all the media files, folders etc related to any media software I used (MediaGo, MediaMonkey, Sony MusicPlayer etc) in both drives on my phone. Out of the blue, MediaMonkey started throwing error on the internal drive and started showing the SD card drive for sync.

I have no idea what made it switch. But atleast now it's letting me sync to the SD card via USB. Don't know how long it will last. Wish I know the reason it is changing this way and how I can fix it in future for both my drives. The unreliability is a concern.