Android Skipping entire song(s) and through entire album

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

thomasjohnlynch

Re: Android Skipping entire song(s) and through entire album

Post by thomasjohnlynch »

Well been a month, sent my logs, and nothing here either. Sadly.

Skipping the usual songs on my Android. The whole file is there and plays on my windows machine with MM.

Now seeing WHOLE Christmas albums also skip. 23 songs. and others.
thomasjohnlynch

dang weeks later and no progress or help on this?

VERY disappointing.

I can't there are ONLY two of us having this problem. I am going to look for another app. SO disappointing. Bought the PRO and signed up for everything, moved stuff over......and here we are BROKEN for hundreds of songs out of 7,000+ They PLAY FINE on the windows machine and they PLAY FINE with VLC or etc ON the phone, so no corruption etc.

Look if you don't know just say so and I can move on?

~Thomas~
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Once you get skipped tracks use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs -> Write LOG ID here -> Send LOG.

That will give us enough information to see why they are skipped.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
thomasjohnlynch

did that twice, never heard back. Will do it again. Amazed I am the only one having this problem? I can file manager to the file on the Android Samsung phone and simply launch VLC and play away OR Rocket Player etc etc. The files are ON the device and in good shape?

I will play around with the log file chaos again. Have a Happy New Year.

Thomas J. Lynch
T@L-Y-N-C-H.com
+1 (631) 384-5791
www.L-Y-N-C-H.com
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I have not seen any logs related to Album skipping written here. Unless you directly point to LOG id here, even when MMA send the logs and is skipping due the non accessible Storage which is normal behavior, then it will not trigger possible bug warning to us and most likely be missed.
Best regards,
Peke
thomasjohnlynch

Its so simple? <grimace> After this many months I can assure you the media is there, if you read my many posts I can surf right to it on the phone and play fully EVERY track with other products like VLC and etc. I can file manager to them via USB in the SD card and they have size and are in tact?

After almost 55 years in IT and specifically Storage for the last 38 years I am confident the file and song is there. Please I am not a housewife at the car dealership talking about engines. If you don't want to help that's fine, if I have to learn you whole bug reporting disjointed process I will figure it our eventually in a few more hours.

I can re-copy via USB every track etc etc. and have. I do find situations where MM does not actually SEE tracks that ARE NOT there and tracks that ARE there. Is there a way to FORCE the Sync to re-evaluate its meta-data.

Right now to try and start from scratch I have deleted everything from the SD card. It's BLANK of folders (except Android folder for other apps to store some data on the SD. But MediaMonkey, Music, Video and Playlist are gone. I uninstalled MM and MM Pro and took out its directories.

I reinstall both, and hit SYNC..........I am asked for Permission in the wifi server host MM and then it glances at the SD card "Everything is in Sync???"

8,000 songs on the server.........0 on the SD card and Android phone. In Sync?

Do you have a Chcksum type of index and metadata check in the Sync process or how do you Verify the media and song content and location?

This is NOT my problem uniquely due to my STD setup, hardware, operating systems, etc. The only variable is MM and its behavior and software.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi Thomas,
I can re-copy via USB every track etc etc. and have. I do find situations where MM does not actually SEE tracks that ARE NOT there and tracks that ARE there. Is there a way to FORCE the Sync to re-evaluate its meta-data.
You can go to Options end click on "Check new/changed media", then rescanning will start in the background.
8,000 songs on the server.........0 on the SD card and Android phone. In Sync?
Check whether you have chosen folders to sync in sync settings. If you reinstall and delete everything, I think your previous setting is lost.
Also check folders, which are included in the library via Options/Choose library folders.

About skipping track issue. It happens usually when track is not supported natively by the system. It can be playable normally on PC or in Media Players like VLC which uses its own codecs.
To be sure you can send Log when it occurs and write here LOG ID (Unfortunately your Log XNYFBQCTVQ is missing in our received crashlogs).
Also, if you can provide one of such tracks we can analyze it and try it on our devices.

I am sorry for the delays.
Best Regards
Martin
rusty

Post by rusty »

To add to martin's comments.
They are all m4a files about 29 megs to 50 megs each.
This (the size of these files) implies to me that the files in question are m4a files using the alac format. iirc, alac isn't natively supported on Android ( https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... ia-formats ) , which is why they don't play in MMA.

If this is indeed the problem, the solution would be as suggested by Lowlander earlier in the thread: when you sync the files from MMW to MMA enable auto-conversion for unsupported formats. This will convert e.g. m4a alac files to mp3 256kbps files that are playable on your device).

-Rusty
thomasjohnlynch

So 6,527 of my 8,766 music/song files are M4A files. ALL play on my Windows 10 server and W10 Lenovo Laptop. I read because I have codecs or etc that MM must be using or acknowledges?

Thousands of my 6,527 songs are playing FINE on my Samsung Android phone stored on the SD card and they are ALL M4A. I read though the Moody Blues Live at Albert Hall all 14 songs and then the Pearl Jam Yield album as my two specific example are somehow different or encoded in another way then the 8 other Moody Blues albums in M4A format that play fine? and as well the other 5 Pearl Jam albums with M4A songs.

The solution is to convert my 6,527 file via MM to send them to my phone so I can play them?

So loaded up MM, then slected my MM Problem playlist of the 27 example songs that I know of, then clicked play. The LOG ID is P471DRY9YK

from T@L-Y-N-C-H.com wait NOT sure, does it auto send or do I have to use a MAP or email program and send it somewhere? OKAY sent it to myself via email as well will forward if its got to go to MM somewhere when I find the email address??
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
P471DRY9YK shows error (1, -1010) MEDIA_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED

If the issue is only with a small number of tracks, I suggest converting only these files once. You can select these tracks in MMW and use "Tools/Convert Format".
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please also open support Ticket and supply us with download link to one of skipped files so that we can analyze it on our devices?
Best regards,
Peke
thomasjohnlynch

martin.bohac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:05 am Hi,

If the issue is only with a small number of tracks, I suggest converting only these files once. You can select these tracks in MMW and use "Tools/Convert Format".
Let me play with this "remedy" as I now have about 30 to 50 examples now that I have been trying my library randomly. Pearl Jam, Moody Blues, and a few others. NOT all songs by the artist but maybe an album. ALL play fine on MM on Windows and even ON my Android I can use other play apps and the media and SD card are FINE and correct.

I see now a "support ticket" suggestion below this message, but I have already sent in the Log files three times and now seeing some media issue is the conslusion of the Log review, of course on my end (feels like the cable company even after a hurricane and the telephone poles are down? They need to come to my house first? )....seeing my the above the only issues on my end in error is MM for Android is the only conclusion? Let me try conversion. I wonder if MM will be smart enough to refresh my Android phone with the new "versions" of the songs?
thomasjohnlynch

Peke wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 am Hi,
Can you please also open support Ticket and supply us with download link to one of skipped files so that we can analyze it on our devices?
Thank you, will try conversion as somebody else suggested.
thomasjohnlynch

thomasjohnlynch wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:54 am
martin.bohac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:05 am Hi,

Let me play with this "remedy" as I now have about 30 to 50 examples now that I have been trying my library randomly. Pearl Jam, Moody Blues, and a few others. NOT all songs by the artist but maybe an album. ALL play fine on MM on Windows and even ON my Android I can use other play apps and the media and SD card are FINE and correct.

I see now a "support ticket" suggestion below this message, but I have already sent in the Log files three times and now seeing some media issue is the conslusion of the Log review, of course on my end (feels like the cable company even after a hurricane and the telephone poles are down? They need to come to my house first? )....seeing my the above the only issues on my end in error is MM for Android is the only conclusion? Let me try conversion. I wonder if MM will be smart enough to refresh my Android phone with the new "versions" of the songs?
Well THAT did the trick. Converted to MP3. Sync'd to Android, now playing as expected. Reminds me of my $1,000s of Adobe purchases for Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, etc etc. In the last year JPG files downloaded from Facebook can NOT be parsed by Photoshop????? Says they are in valid JPGs. SO you open them with Paint, of 3D Paint or even a Photo viewer of almost ANY maker.........and then simply save it. Photoshop can then open it?

Thousands of people over the last 2 to 3 years have been complaining about it in the Adobe Forums........and they act like each new complaint is a surprise? The new millennial Customer Service academy graduates I guess?

Seems I am the only person to EVER report this issue and report it? Sorry to sound like a curmudgeon but this was a long and senseless adventure to play legit song files and should not have fallen to a customer/user to magically discover the problem? EASILY should have been code that reports issues with loading files and doing diagnostics etc. etc. OBVIOUSLY a code difference between MM Windows and MM Android since the files play on one and NOT on the other?

THANKS for your help.....off listening!!!!! Awesome!!!