Android Skipping entire song(s) and through entire album

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

thomasjohnlynch

Android Skipping entire song(s) and through entire album

Post by thomasjohnlynch »

Android 1.4.1.0937 MediaMonkey Pro

Specifically (no judging) I have a Moody Blues album and either individual songs in a playlist OR if I click on the album and play the tracks, MM clicks down the list or skips in the playlist to the next song.

I have downloaded or refreshed via a sync the tracks and also deleted the entire album and tracks on the phone via USB and sync'd via wifi and the "new" copied on versions also skip? Is this a licensing issue or some other dumb thing. This was not a CD I had loaded on my 12 terabytes of NAS but it was a iTunes library file I had co-mingled with the other folders that iTunes managed until I came over to Media Monkey.

Any ideas or experiences or thoughts - greatly appreciated. I can't log in as I am locked out for some reason claiming I need to use a Captcha that it never displays or presents and AdBlockers are off and etc so I am just logging on "one time" in the above as NOT my thomasjohnlynch user name but something different.
Lowlander

Re: Android Skipping entire song(s) and through entire album

Post by Lowlander »

What File Type(s) do the skipped files have and could they have iTunes DRM applied to them?
thomasjohnlynch

thank you for the reply. Maybe they did or do.......MediaMonkey 4.1.30.1914 Gold is playing all 14 songs multiple times and I listened to 4 of them while I typed this. NO problem on the windows Media Monkey.

Just on the Android phone.

I have deleted them on the SDcard on my Android Samsung phone.....and let Media Monkey re-sync and copy them back over. NO good.

I then delete them, and COPY them back with File Manager, and NO good.

I did do a bunch of recopying previous and notice some strange Library and actual files discrepancies as if the metadata and table are NOT actually force to a rebuild or really check on a sync. This almost seem to be that is thinks I have the files but their length or duration is wrong OR it thinks they are somewhere but they are not and so it just goes to the next song, then the next and then the next?

I had to uninstall and delete ALL Media Monkey everything on the phone and start from scratch and build it all back.

I know it happens on other songs but I was random playing..... these are on my playlist so I can recreate it. I have about 10,000 songs so can't tell which one to check next.

They are all m4a files about 29 megs to 50 megs each. (just remembering my first HD was 5 meg TOTAL raw. <grimace>)

Code: Select all

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\03 English Sunset.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\07 Haunted.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\06 I Know You're Out There Somewhere.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\10 I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\09 Isn't Life Strange.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\12 Legend Of A Mind.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\11 Nights In White Satin.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\01 Overture (Incl. Excerpts Of_ Lege.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\13 Question.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\14 Ride My See-Saw.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\05 The Story In Your Eyes.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\02 Tuesday Afternoon.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\04 Words You Say.m4a 

\\PRIMARYSIXTB\Public\Shared Music\iTunes\Music\The Moody Blues\Hall of Fame Live at the Royal Albert Ha\08 Your Wildest Dreams.m4a 
Thank you for the reply!! ~ Thomas Lynch ~ T@L-Y-N-C-H.com
thomasjohnlynch

finally got my userid unlocked and logged in. this is the "real" me. <smile> :D :D :D :D :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Based on above you are trying to access files over Samba share in MMA. Unfortunately MMA do not support that (I also do not have access to similar size Library).

After MMA skips thru Album use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and before you send it write down log ID here.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
John1

Post by John1 »

I have exactly the same problem, some albums play ok and some are skipped though.
My log id is vrw8c2yn5a
Please help as once this is sorted I can consider purchasing.
PS both VLC and Rocket Player play the Enya album fine.
Regards, John.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you open support ticket and supply us with smaller file?

Not sure about Rocket player, but VLC uses own codecs where MMA for now uses Device native one.
Best regards,
Peke
John1

Post by John1 »

Will do but I need to know how to reduce the size of the file please?
Regards, John.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If size is to big use dropbox, onedrive, google drive, ... and attack shared download link to support ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
John1

Post by John1 »

Fine can do that but I need to know where the file is on the phone please? As it send directly from MMA I have no information relating to it's position on the phone. Also would it be useful to include a track the MMA can play together with one of the tracks that it can't Play? I'll raise the support ticket once you have told me where I can find the log file.
Regards, John.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
LONG TAP on track to select it -> Use pencil icon or ⋮ -> properties to open track info and there you can see path where the file is.
Best regards,
Peke
John1

Post by John1 »

Misunderstanding - I can find the tracks fine, I thought that you needed the log via the support ticket as well and that's the file I don't know where to find?
Regards, John.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A log is send from About in MMA right after you experience a problem. Use the logID in any correspondence so it can be matched to the one send in: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=72208
thomasjohnlynch

oh my, I am glad I brought this up.

I found a Pearl Jam album doing the same thing as well.

I will TRY to do the upload log stuff at some point. although it seems other more capable are feeding info already (thanks to MMA and the other users)

Not sure what the Samber thing is.

Sadly I have been in IT for almost 40 years, worked at Hitachi Data Systems and IBM, programmed in Fortran, Cobol, C and C++ and beta tested a realtime OS for years as a hobby (QNX) and ran a 24 line bulletin board for a decade...........but Android and a lot of the "new stuff" has passed me by.

Hoping you "young guys" and MMA can figure this out so I can just SYNC and ride my bike!!!!!! <smile>

Thomas Lynch
T@L-Y-N-C-H.com
(631) 384-5791
LI, NY, USA
thomasjohnlynch

Peke wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm Hi,
Based on above you are trying to access files over Samba share in MMA. Unfortunately MMA do not support that (I also do not have access to similar size Library).

After MMA skips thru Album use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs and before you send it write down log ID here.
OK, on Sambra share that is my Western Digital NAS boxes where I have 12 TB of videos, music and files and its CIFS std based I believe. So I am not sure if you are copying and syncing 8,760 tracks and maybe under 50 are in this "status" or get skipped that the protocol can be at issue?

The tracks are physically on the SD card as are the rest of the 8,000 tracks. I can paw into the tree and get to the Pearl Jam Yield album and the 14 tracks with VLC and PLAY the whole album???

Log ID: XNYFBQCTVQ

Have it in Outlook on the phone --- I have to figure out where to send it? (have to exit this message to look around on the threads.....)