Same song keeps repeating

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

fnord12

Same song keeps repeating

Post by fnord12 »

I've been using MediaMonkey Pro for Android for some time with no problem, but recently it keeps repeating the same song unless I click to skip to the next track. The Now Playing playlist is properly populated, it just doesn't move beyond the current song. I was originally playing over Bluetooth when the problem started, but it happens now even if playing directly through my phone speaker. I've tried replacing the Now Playing playlist and rebooting the phone, but neither helped. As far as I can tell, there is no Repeat One setting that I may have accidentally selected (?). Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

I'm using MediaMonkey Pro for Android v1.4.0934 on a Samsung Galaxy 7.
Lowlander

Re: Same song keeps repeating

Post by Lowlander »

Tap the Artwork on the Now Playing screen to confirm what your Repeat setting is.
fnord12

Post by fnord12 »

That was it! Must have tapped it while i was driving, not even aware that the option was there (and couldn't even find it after the fact). Thanks Lowlander.
debot54

Post by debot54 »

Lowlander,

I appreciate very much that there are people like you out there who are willing to help others with MM problems. However, I have this same problem. I have tried all the solutions you offered so far but nothing has worked. I have tracked this problem all the way back to 2017 postings so I truly have tried all you have suggested so far. As it turns out there is another explanation for this problem and it's not quite so simple to identify.

The repeat problem also occurs when you are "casting" (i.e. using DLNA, etc.). In this case (when casting), no matter what I do the same song will repeat forever. Simply just playing it thru the computer speakers and all is well. Except I want to play thru my receiver. Got a solution for this? :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it works fine for me. Can you send a debug log (from About) right after a song repeats and reply here with the logID?

And to confirm, when playing on the device the repeating isn't happening?