[SOLVED] Album art exists but not shown in MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Joepie

[SOLVED] Album art exists but not shown in MMA

Post by Joepie »

Hi, I am syncing for years with MMW and throughout many devices that worked very well. Until now when I started to use Wifi sync on FiiO M11. Suddenly the album art seems synced away within MMA. The good thing: MMW still syncs the files properly to the device as other music players like Poweramp still recognise what MMW and MMA via syncing have placed there. So the bug is really within MMA as syncing just works well and other players do see the content. As I am very visual oriented to my collection :o , this makes MMA unusable for me and now I can only use that for syncing :x . What do you suggest MediaMonkey? (I have installed v. 1.3.8.0916 on Android 7.0)
Peke

Re: Album art exists but not shown in MMA

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you post screenshots of the problem (take picture using phone as I an not sure that POWER+VOLUME_DOWN will work on M11)?

If you have issues with attaching links to images as you are new to forum omit all http:// or try to post in </> section as that will not be linked.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Joepie

Post by Joepie »

Hi, The M11 is the most functional media player device I have ever had. Bye, bye, stubborn Astell & Kern. Thus FiiO also offers the option for three fingers down for screenshots! :-) Ain't that great?

This is a MMA screenshot:
www.dropbox.com/s/17qp9oqyzam06ie/2020- ... t.png?dl=0

Then this is Poweramp
www.dropbox.com/s/co1s4a4h656lk1e/2020- ... t.png?dl=0

So Mediamonkey not seeing the pictures and other programs all do...
And this while it was synced with MMW... :-?

I have today deleted a few files and during upload sync via USB I now see often this:
www.dropbox.com/s/4jaaraqz8tza6te/2020- ... y.png?dl=0

I am wondering if those files will be getting the picture and that they might be lacking only via Wifi sync? I will try to check.

Hope you can guide me to get the pictures right :roll:

P.S.: It would be nice :P if MMW adds an export option, not only to convert FLAC to smaller mp3 (320), but also to reduce album art (folder.jpg) to 200 x 200 pt. Has that ever been considered? I do not need larger pictures on the mobile device.

Success at Mediamonkey to keep this the best music tool

Kind regards, Joep Lauret
Joepie

Post by Joepie »

OK, something went wrong in pictures still. You already warned about that, but OK, there is a link still...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Google is a best friend sometimes and by some request from other FiiO user I have found that based on https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-beta- ... 15.927728/ and https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/google-pl ... m11-update With new firmware you can now install Play Store to M11 where you you can easily get and use MMA and also pay for MMA pro.

if you go thru that route, we can't as we do not own the device let us know the results. It would be great if confirmed.
Best regards,
Peke
Joepie

Post by Joepie »

Hi, yes all FiiO M11 users will have obtained the great message that the system is open for Play Store. So did I. I then uninstalled MMA from Amazon and then reinstalled it from Play Store. But that is exactly when the issue was noticed that many album art is not showing along. So how now to overcome this issue? Can we reset the MMA database some way? And then do a rescan? I do not see that option in the settings menu...Now on the M11, I do tend to use Poweramp where album art is showing correctly, but this is not encouraging to use MMA.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can delete Storage in Options. If Album art are not shown it means that Google Media Scanner is not working correctly :(

Try this https://www.doubletwist.com/help/questi ... -database/
Best regards,
Peke
tag25

Post by tag25 »

Good News !! :D :D :D
I had the SAME issue with MANY tracks as @Joepie (the OP) a week ago when I was on the regular MMA with MMW 4.
It seems the issue is gone after uninstalling everything and installing MMA Beta 1.3.9.0921 with MM5 Beta (5.0.02251)

Umidigi A3 Pro ("clean" android Oreo 8.1)
WIFI Syncing all the library to SD card (about 50GB, 8400 tracks)
Windows 7 x64
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

"Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)" album art displays in MM5, but not MMA. In MM5, for this album, Properties>Artwork, below artwork, is "Unsaved Image". Is this just a matter of "Apply to all selected"? Or, something else?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah, tried that. If it says unsaved it isn't yet associated with the file, so I wouldn't expect sync to sync it.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 pm Yeah, tried that. If it says unsaved it isn't yet associated with the file, so I wouldn't expect sync to sync it.
So, "Apply to all selected", will not work? Is this a case where "Lookup Image" should be tried?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Strange, I'd try that and see if that works.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm Strange, I'd try that and see if that works.
What does "Apply to all selected" do?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Apply to all files you had selected to open Properties for. The alternative option it may show is apply to all files on Album which applies the Artwork to all files MediaMonkey considers belonging to the Album (same Album and same Album Artist values).
tag25

Post by tag25 »

@TheEmpathicEar, Have you tried uninstalling MM and MMA and then installing the latest beta's of MMA and MM5 and then launching the sync ?
This worked for me 3 weeks ago (see my post here on 2020-06-02). No issues with albumart since then.

N.B. after uninstalling MM I recommend you to remove MediaMonkey5 folder and/or
MediaMonkey folder from ...\AppData\Roaming folder or at least the MM and/or MM5 file in that folder.