syncing Android phone

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

trumpetguyy

syncing Android phone

Post by trumpetguyy »

Just downloaded MM to my Windows PC for the first time. Then installed the app on my Android phone. Tried to sync. It says everything is in sync, but there are no albums, tracks, genres, playlists, nothing.
Peke

Re: syncing Android phone

Post by Peke »

Hi,
After first sync, Open MediaMonkey on Windows, Go to Tools -> Options -> Portable Devices -> Locate your Device -> Configure and select what you would like to sync to that device. It is safety measure so that you do not sync non needed 30k+ of tracks to device. If you have initiated and set Sync from Android you have wizard that will make you to do step by step configuration what you will sync.

If you need more help please let us know.

I have done few test and reported it in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16002 so that we can tweak it, in order to make the process more clear.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jbdastous

Post by jbdastous »

I have media monkey on my pc and media monkey pro on my android phone.
On my pc/or phone I do not have the option you mentioned ... portable devices
All I see is the option : Library - media sharing , that allows me to set a server on my pc but I when connectto this server from MM on my phone, nothing is downloaded to it, even though its says : everything is in sync.

How do I get my files from my pc to my phone ?

Thanks,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync from the Main Menu in MediaMonkey 4.