Track Numbers

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmicheal

Track Numbers

Post by kmicheal »

How to you change track numbers on tracks on MMA?

I see fields for title, album artist, artist, etc. when I edit a track but nothing for Track Number.
Lowlander

Re: Track Numbers

Post by Lowlander »

It's not available at the moment for editing.
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

How is track order determined when you sync tracks from MMW? The problem I had is that over 700 tracks came in with incorrect tags so I now have to correct them manually. An album came in with 9 tracks correct but the 10th track was not. When I corrected the tags so that this 10th track shows with the other tracks (it should be track#5), it is showing at the top of the track list because it isn't in the correct track order. But how did the other tracks get placed in their correct order?

Can this information be edited in another way? Like with a tool like mp3tag? If I re-sync this one track would that fix the issue?

I have 100s of other tracks to correct like this but they will not be appearing in their proper track order.

I really like MMW and have my music highly organised there but I am very disappointed with how this came through in MMA. My whole reason for getting MMA was because I thought I'd be able to replicate my MMW library easily.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're syncing from MMW you can fix it by correcting tags in MMW.

An Album is sorted on Album > Album Artist > Disc# > Track#.
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

The track(s) are correct in MMW, so whatever happened with MMA was during the initial sync. I have a large library so I did my first time sync directly to the SD card and then ran the New/Changed Files feature in MMA to create the library there. For these 700+ files, though, it only grabbed the album title and the track title (with no artist they show up as Unknown Artist in the library, even though other tracks from the same albums came over correctly). In fact it used the filename for the track title. So I am assuming that the tag info got lost in the sync process.

I've downloaded a MP3 Tag app and I updated the file on the SD card. I ran the New/Changed Files but MMA doesn't recognise this as a change.

I'm having issues with Syncing from the phone (a different topic), so my only sync option is from MMW to MMA and then run the New/Changed Files. So should I delete these files from MMA first and then resync then as 'New' files from MMW and run new/changed files in MMA to correct this? If I sync on top of the file will MMA recognise it as a 'new/changed' file and fix the issue?

I'm just trying to understand what actually happens during these Sync and New/Changed Files operations so I can best fix this problem.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's best to sync from MMW to MMA (and for you to start fresh on MMA). MMW will directly update the MMA database with the correct tags. If you don't sync directly from MMW to MMA then you're relying on Android Media Scanner to pick up your tags.
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

Okay, thanks. That probably explains the discrepancies so.
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

Sorry I'm back with one question.

I have started to deal with my issue here track by track. So I deleted a few incorrect tracks. I ensured the tracks had the correct tags in MMW and I synced the tracks individually (by right-clicking on the track in MMW and running Send to and my SD Card). The track copies over to the card and the tags are good on the SD card, but the track is not in my MMA library. I have to run the Check for new/changed files in MMA to get it to appear.

But you said if I sync from MMW to MMA it will update the MMA library as part of the sync. I assume running the Check for new/changed files is using the Android Media Scanner, which is to poorer option.

Do I have to run a full Auto-sync in order to get the MMA library updated by MMW?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This should be fixed in the latest beta of MMA: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=89969 (you may also want to update MMW to the latest beta).
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

Okay, that's good to know.

I did a full Auto-Sync from MMW to MMA via USB. This didn't sort the tagging issues.

But then I ran the sync from MMA and this DID fix the problems. So the libraries are completely in sync now and I will probably use the sync from MMA going forward when I make changes to MMW.

Thanks for your help.
jbrockettm

Post by jbrockettm »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:22 pm It's not available at the moment for editing.

Hahaha. 20 years in development, and ooops, a basic function is missing. "Sorry, can't get there from here."
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA is not 20 years old, not even Android is that old. MMA2 will improve tag handling.
jeremystyle

Post by jeremystyle »

Really liking MMA but highly missing this functionality. Will this be implemented anytime soon? Unfortunately since I am running off a mac, I have no option for desktop syncing. Thanks!