Disable Auto-Play on Bluetooth Connection?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gpzbc

Disable Auto-Play on Bluetooth Connection?

Post by gpzbc »

I love using MMA, but I HATE the fact that MMA starts playing a song automatically every time my phone connects to my car bluetooth, which is every time I start up my car. I've looked around and can't find an option to disable this. Am I missing something? I'm sure some people might appreciate this feature, but I certainly don't.
Thanks
--
The gpzbc
rivorson

Re: Disable Auto-Play on Bluetooth Connection?

Post by rivorson »

This isn't controlled by MMA or anything on your phone. Your car sends the play command when it connects.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

That's weird. Why doesn't it do it for my other music player apps? I have a couple installed on my phone that I use for different things and MMA is the only one that does this. If I uninstall MMA, my car doesn't send a play command to any other music app on my phone.
--
The gpzbc
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try disabling Always respond to remote buttons in the MMA Options. Maybe that stops this behavior.

I do assume it's the car though as no Bluetooth device I've ever used starts playback in MMA on connection.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

gpzbc wrote:If I uninstall MMA, my car doesn't send a play command to any other music app on my phone.
The car will still send the command, but there are probably no other apps listening for it when they are not in the foreground. Lowlander makes a good suggestion. With that option disabled then perhaps MMA will not receive the command.

My car does the same but I have several other bluetooth audio devices that do not. The assumption with a car is that you want to get in and drive, not get in then spend a few minutes picking your music before you drive. It avoids encouraging people to use their phone while driving.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ok, I can understand that the car is sending the play command, but your statement that "probably no other apps listening for it when they are not in the foreground" makes no sense. MMA is not in the foreground and it still starts playing. Often times, MMA tries to play over the other music app that is in the foreground. And when MMA is uninstalled, and a different music app is in the foreground, nothing starts playing automatically. In other words, if the car is indeed sending the play command, every other music app that I use has the option to ignore it.

By the way, I disabled "Always respond to remote buttons" in the MMA Options and MMA still starts playing automatically upon connection.
--
The gpzbc
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If MMA was the last used media App it does start here if the Play command is send from the Bluetooth device. This all seems to work as expected.
Jozef Mercier

Post by Jozef Mercier »

It's NOT the car that sends commands. It is MM (on all my android devices) that starts up whenever one of these devices connect to any bluetooth device. It makes no difference if it's my brand new car, my soundbar, or a new bluetooth speaker.
This is driving me mad. Please find a solution for this annoying behavior.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you disabled Resume Play on Connection from the Options in MMA?
Dngrsone

Post by Dngrsone »

I had a persistent problem with mediamonkey autoplaying upon Bluetooth connection with my car, even when I had another player queued up on my Galaxy S7 Edge

I finally found that if I go to Settings>Device Maintenance>Battery>Power Saving, I can force mediamonkey to "go to sleep" and the problem goes away (until the next time Iuse the app again)
mf48@verizon.net

Post by mf48@verizon.net »

Apparently on my Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, I don't have that same setting. Anyone know what the solution is for this phone / version of Android (11)?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is not device option but in MMA ⋮ -> Options
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mdickard

Post by mdickard »

I don't have that box checked and it still does it every time. I also find this annoying enough that I'm going to have to uninstall MMA unless it gets fixed. Other apps that play on my car stereo require my radio to be turned up really high but MMA comes through such that when my car automatically plays it it blasts my eardrums. This is actually dangerous for driving.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When it happens please use ⋮ -> About MediaMOnkey -> Send Logs -> WRITE DOWN LOG ID for reply here -> Press OK to send LOG -> Write reply here with LOG ID and we will check what instructed MMA to start playback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts