How to randomize playlist play order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Xikato

How to randomize playlist play order

Post by Xikato »

i was wondering if i can put my playlists on shuffle. if so, how do i do this?
(Android lollipop samsung galaxy S4)
Lowlander

Re: How to randomize playlist play order

Post by Lowlander »

You can enable Shuffle in the Player by tapping on the Artwork in the Now Playing screen to reveal the Shuffle button.

You can also add files from a Playlist randomly to the Now Playing by using the Shuffle Play button on the Playlist screen (right top Play button).
sirrobin

Post by sirrobin »

Lowlander wrote:You can enable Shuffle in the Player by tapping on the Artwork in the Now Playing screen to reveal the Shuffle button.

You can also add files from a Playlist randomly to the Now Playing by using the Shuffle Play button on the Playlist screen (right top Play button).

Dear,

When I use UPnP and i play a playlist on my android device that is actually stored on my PC. I don't see the shuffle play button. Any solutions or workarounds?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have the PC provide the Playlist shuffled (AutoPlaylists can do this) or enable Shuffle in the Player in MMA.
bltbltblt

Post by bltbltblt »

How can I shuffle a playlist created in MediaMonkey before I send it to a USB thumb drive to be played on my car radio?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

B
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If Playlist is Auto-Playlists then sort it by random.
If Playlist is static(manual) then create one Auto-Playlists with criteria playlist you want to shuffle and sort it random
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bltblt

Post by bltblt »

Thanks form the prompt reply Peke.

I am not at all skilled in programming. I have manually created a large playlist of songs, synced them to a USB thumb drive to play on my car audio system but want to randomize the song list rather than have show it show up in the car in alpha order by album title.

I want the tags and album art to show up on the car audio system screen but I want the songs to play in random order.

I would need a more detailed "step by step" set of instructions to randomize this list and future lists. Is there an app for this?
Is there a way to automatically set this up each time I create a music playlist?

Thanks to you if you can provide the solution in simple enough style for me to implement it.

B