Songs visible but won't play

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Xmania

Songs visible but won't play

Post by Xmania »

Currently using MM version 4.1.6.1736 and MMA Pro version 1.1.1.0412 on a new Droid Turbo. I've got 5 playlists that I sync via WiFi. The sync processes fine, says complete, and I'm showing all appropriate tracks in my phone. However, some songs won't play. They'll show as currently playing, but when I press the play button, nothing happens. When I press start shuffle in a playlist, things start out working fine, until it gets to a song that won't play.
nohitter151

Re: Songs visible but won't play

Post by nohitter151 »

Do those tracks play on the PC? What kind of files are they? Will they play from some other music app on the phone?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Yes they do play on the PC. They are mp4 format. Here's the interesting part: one album, for example, has ten tracks. Google Play Music shows only 3 tracks and will play all three. MMA shows all ten tracks but will only play the same ones shown in GPM. If I look at the phone files, only three are actually on the phone. Yet, MMA shows ten and says sync is complete.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you can reproduce (sync not syncing files while they do show in MMA) you should send a debug log from MMA (from About screen) right after sync.
Musicfan145

Post by Musicfan145 »

I had a similar problem. All the source files were .MP4 ALAC (Apple Lossless) files. I think I had set it to auto-convert these to OGG, because I read it worked on Android. I resolved the problem by setting the auto-conversion to MP3, deleting all files from the auto-conversion cache, and re-syncing.

If you have not set up auto-conversion, you might try setting it to MP3 (or FLAC or something you're sure the device can play natively) and re-syncing.
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

I ran a sync and sent a log. Hopefully it will tell you something.
Xmania

Post by Xmania »

I just realized the songs that won't play are .wma format. Seeing posts on some other sites saying the new Droid Turbo won't play wma. Any suggestions?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Xmania wrote:I just realized the songs that won't play are .wma format. Seeing posts on some other sites saying the new Droid Turbo won't play wma. Any suggestions?
Convert them to a playable format

Xmania

Post by Xmania »

Any recommendations on conversion software? I've looked at a couple, but get warnings about them being loaded with spyware.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Xmania wrote:Any recommendations on conversion software? I've looked at a couple, but get warnings about them being loaded with spyware.
Assuming they aren't protected WMA files you can use MM

Xmania

Post by Xmania »

Issue resolved. Purchased MM Gold. Did auto conversion during sync. Worked perfectly.
Rickcrc

Re: Songs visible but won't play - (solved)

Post by Rickcrc »

I encountered the same problem and none of the searched responses solved my problem. I came to realize that all my music is on a NAS drive and I have a mapped drive as the location of my Media Monkey library. The mapped drive is "X" out when I start my PC. Once I click on the drive and the "X" disappears, I then go into Media Monkey and my songs are no longer grayed out and I can play all my songs. I hope this helps someone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is a reason why a UNC Path is recommended for network shares instead of using a mapped drive.