MMA WiFi sync setup

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

Windows XP WiFi sync service fails

Post by bkenobi69 »

I migrated my MMW installation from Windows 7 to Windows XP. Everything was working great on Win7 so when I followed the guide to move the installation, I was surprised when I started having issues. Based on a thread in the MMA forum, it appears this is most likely an issue with the XP service rather than an MMA issue. I submitted a ticket, but it has so far gone unnoticed.

Ticket: NKY-943-38003
Original thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=77027
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
heronheart

Re: MMA WiFi sync setup

Post by heronheart »

I have also been having sync fails since installing MMW 4.1.3.1708 on Windows XP. UPNP works fine with MMA and my WDTV-Live, but sync is refused when I try to do it from MMA. Sync worked fine on WinXP previously.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I have restarted that machine a couple times since posting originally and currently the service seems to allow for a sync to occur. However, I am not able to start the MMW GUI. I get an error indicating that the mm.db is not accessible. I checked and it appears that the service did not stop and perhaps it has a lock on the database? I stopped the service and still could not get MMW GUI to run and access the database.

For me at this time, I'm ok with this setup since I don't use the server with GUI for MMW anyway. However, this might cause issues at some point, so it would be good to get this in the queue for repair.
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

I've tried rebooting and switching from the current MMA beta to the current stable version. Still not working.