MMA and the Android Audio Stack

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

viStringTheory

MMA and the Android Audio Stack

Post by viStringTheory »

I've been learning more as I dip my toes into high-end audio, and one topic that has come up a few times is that Android devices will re-sample high quality audio sources to 48kHz in its native audio stack. The resources discussing this topic have all pointed to a MMA competitor (not sure if I should mention it here) that is able to bypass the Android audio stack and play bit-perfect without Android re-sampling it.

I do not want to pay for this other app when I'm already invested in MediaMonkey for Windows and Android, so I am wondering: is MediaMonkey Android is also able to bypass Android's re-sampling?

A couple of the resources where I first heard of this issue are YouTube videos: 1) "Android for Audiophiles: COMPLETE Guide" by Audio Fixation; 2) "iPhone or Android for HIGH-QUALITY AUDIO?" by Darko Audio.
Peke

Re: MMA and the Android Audio Stack

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please be more specific on what output device you will use?

Personally I just tried my ATH-M70x headphones on phone and phone could not drive them normally (I estimate at around 30%). They sound quiet and muffed.

On PC I use Focusrite Solo 3rd GEN to drive them and sound quality is non comparable.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
viStringTheory

Re: MMA and the Android Audio Stack

Post by viStringTheory »

Hi, and thanks for considering my question.

For source, I will be using my Samsung Galaxy S10+ phone. That will have a Hidizs S9 Pro Balanced DAC & Amp plugged into the USB port. I will use headphones similar to the Drop 6XX connected via 2.5 mm balanced audio cable.