Trying to sync Media Monkey pro to Media Monkey Pc

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ponytrekker42

Trying to sync Media Monkey pro to Media Monkey Pc

Post by ponytrekker42 »

Hello,
I've installed Media Monkey pro on my Android phone and Media Monkey on my PC. but i can't sync the two together. the online helps looks like gobbledygook and the the device just whirs whirs away searching. Please can someone help in plain English? (I'm 53). I haven't a problem upgrading to gold but not unless I'm guaranteed the right service
Peke

Re: Trying to sync Media Monkey pro to Media Monkey Pc

Post by Peke »

Hi,
The best suggestion I can give you is that you open support ticket where you will get more direct support.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

ponytrekker42 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:08 am Hello,
I've installed Media Monkey pro on my Android phone and Media Monkey on my PC. but i can't sync the two together. the online helps looks like gobbledygook and the the device just whirs whirs away searching. Please can someone help in plain English? (I'm 53). I haven't a problem upgrading to gold but not unless I'm guaranteed the right service
Are you trying through USB or wifi?
And I've had gold for a while so my wifi sync options might be different from yours. I think you can only do the wireless sync for 15 days or something with regular MMA. I'll try to walk you through it though.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
ponytrekker42

Post by ponytrekker42 »

Hello Joe, thanks for your reply (sorry i didn't get a notification there was a reply)
I have tried through usb and wifi but nothing seems to be working. My PC is a Brand new Dell, my phone is an new Sony Xperia 5ii. If i can get them both working together then im happy to purchase gold.
Kind Regards
Bruce
ponytrekker42

Post by ponytrekker42 »

Hi Pete, and how do I obtain a support ticket? I haven't seen an option for direct support when i've clicked on support just wiki pages
Kind regards Bruce
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's right there as Helpdesk: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

ponytrekker42 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:29 am Hello Joe, thanks for your reply (sorry i didn't get a notification there was a reply)
I have tried through usb and wifi but nothing seems to be working. My PC is a Brand new Dell, my phone is an new Sony Xperia 5ii. If i can get them both working together then im happy to purchase gold.
Kind Regards
Bruce
(Important step is to make sure your firewall is off while doing wifi sync)
Not sure what you've tried. I can show you the basics but you will need to do the support ticket if it doesn't work.
So first thing. hit tools up top, go into the options menu. then scroll down just below search will be your media sharing tab. click that. then double click the MM LIbrary (your sync server) This screen lets you choose what you want shared over wifi (for everything you connect too)

Hit shared content. set what all you wan't to be shared from your computer to whatever you sync too. then click ok on that screen and the other one
Now on your phone hit the 3 dots at top right (again not sure if reg MMA has same options) Hit select Sync server

Make sure to hit Auto-sync server content and select what you want shared from MM5 to MMA. Check the boxes how you want, those are just how I want mine. Then hit sync now

Then back to your computer on the media tree towards bottom you'll see devices & Services. Hopefully this screen pops up after hitting sync on your phone

Then in the top area you can customize what is shared between your 2 devices. Sync profile on the right of the summary options, lets you set up auto conversion and where things get saved on your phone. As well as some tagging and playlist options.

(hopefully I didn't forget anything and Idk why my phone screenshots are massive, I'd shrink them down if I knew how. Let me know if that works for you)
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
ponytrekker42

Post by ponytrekker42 »

Hello Joe, Thanks for your help. Something has now started working(know idea what yet but it is an improvement)
Thanks once again
Kind regards
Bruce