Sync from Android to MMW

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Sync from Android to MMW

Post by Zonky »

Good Morning!

I'm curious what's the best way to sync from MMA to MMW in the following case, if possible at all:

In a first step I'm synching from MMW to MMA, a single playlist and it's tracks.

When assigning some ratings and/or removing a bunch of tracks on Android, I want those modifications being transferred back to MMW. Of course removed tracks should only affect the playlist and changed ratings the appropriate tracks on my Windows machine.

Are both tasks doable?
Lowlander

Re: Sync from Android to MMW

Post by Lowlander »

Files removed in MMA won't be removed in MMW, there is no method to do this (there would be a high risk of unexpected data loss).

Sync of certain metadata changes back to MMW is possible: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Library.29
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Ah, OK - thanks for your reply!

As the Wiki article states, I can sync back ratings or metadata in general from my smartphone to PC.

Deleting tracks was not my intention, but removing them from the previously synced playlist. The Wiki shows a screenshot with an option which I assume will do the job: "auto-sync playlists...", right?

Hence all of my desired tasks should be possible. I will do a test and see the outcome. Thanks!
TooManySteves

Post by TooManySteves »

Please let me know what you find out! I also thought this feature existed.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

My experience is: it works as expected. Once I remove a track from the playlist on my smartphone, it will be remove from the playlist on Windows, too.

This applies, too, for e.g. any change or song rating.

Prerequisite is however, that the device profile, on MMW, has those options activated as Lowlander already mentioned in his linked Wiki article.

cu