XXXXXX files?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

splatter

XXXXXX files?

Post by splatter »

Sorry to keep making posts here and pestering everyone.

I'm using the latest MMW & MMA and have run across a bunch of files where .XXXXXX has been added to the extension. I've Googled and seen this is an old issue caused by misc things with MM.

But with MM5, I am wondering if there's a new way for me to resolve these files? What must I do to get them working? Delete them? Batch rename and remove the .XXXXXX?

What needs to be done?

Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Re: XXXXXX files?

Post by Lowlander »

Unless you're missing files with a regular extension you can delete the files. Somewhere along the way temporary files were not cleaned. Are you seeing these files on Android or Windows? Are these files recently created or old files?
splatter

Post by splatter »

Thanks, Lowlander.

It looks like I put this question in the wrong forum - it refers to the files on MMW, not MMA.

The files are all relatively recent. Over the past week, I've been moving all my music over from iTunes to MM and have been reorganizing and retagging a good amount of it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know if these were files that weren't finished with the tagging process, or were some kind of data files for the music files. I just don't want to screw things up if I do a gang-delete on them all.

Best,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW are you seeing this with?
splatter

Post by splatter »

I'm using the latest of both MMW and MMA.

Earlier today through Windows Explorer I searched and deleted all the files with XXXXXX in them and restarted MM and it's doing well. I guess it really wasn't reading those files so they didn't clog anything up. But when deleting, I had 7GB of those files!

Anyway, since so far no harm has been done by my deletions, I'm not going to worry, it seems like everything is still here and working.

Thank you!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean MMW 5.0.1.2433 or 5.0.2.2501?