Track Count on MMAndroid is higher than on MMWindows

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

splatter

Track Count on MMAndroid is higher than on MMWindows

Post by splatter »

I don't know if this has been addressed before, I've Googled the question and didn't get anything back.

I've had MMW/MMA for over a week now and I'm really enjoying it. MUCH better than iTunes where I came from!

I've been syncing my MMW to MMA (all the most recent builds) and all seems to be well, except that my track count on MMW is 11281, but when I click on the Folders icon in MMA it lists Total Tracks on the SD Card as 29040.

Shouldn't those two Track amounts be the same? Did I do something wrong when syncing?

Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Re: Track Count on MMAndroid is higher than on MMWindows

Post by Lowlander »

Depends on how you Sync and what was already on the device.

Are you seeing duplicates in MMA?
splatter

Post by splatter »

I'm not seeing the number of duplicates that I think would be there with almost double the track amount.

I do have the "Delete other files and playlists from (MMA) - [All other media files]" selected on the Sync list (Library -> Device) tab.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It will have to start with finding if there really are additional files on the SD card or that MMA is showing the wrong file count.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Do you count Files or Tracks in MMA? Dont forget the "Folder.jpg" Picture, that is created by MMA, and not necessary exist in your Windows folders. That could explain a few additional Files. Would not explain additional Tracks.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

This has been noted previously.

SD Card on Android 8 Device:
MMA = 53587 Tracks
MMW4 = 15418 MP3s
Windows 10 = 15440 MP3s under Music folder of Android Device
USB Sync'd in the last few days

SD Card on Android 10 Device:
MMA = 15418 Tracks
MMW4 = 15418 MP3s
Windows 10 = 15377* MP3s under Music folder of Android Device
MMW4 Debug = [6976] Size counting: All tracks count: 15418
USB Sync'd today

Essentially the same Sync used for both devices! Doesn't seem to have too much impact on the operation of MMA on the devices.

P.S. * Re-Sync'd Android 10 Device and now Windows 10 = 15418.
Ian Taylor
splatter

Post by splatter »

I've been wondering as well if MMA just counts all files in the "Music" folder as "tracks", even tho there are jpg files, folder files, and at other times other kinds of files in each track's folder; they all get counted as "tracks". If that's the case, the MM guys & gals should change the text in the Folders screen in MMA to read "files" and not "tracks".

Maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing. :D
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Splatter,

This would not explain why the "accounts" are correct for Android 11 but not for Android 10. (Or is it correct for Samsung device but not for Sony device)?

In my case I synchronise 900+ Playlists (mostly albums) so I would expect the difference to be out by ~1000 as typically 1 Jpeg per Playlist.

In Windows, my counts are for *.MP3 so it excludes JPGs, M3Us etc.

If this does not impact the way you use MMA, I would not worry about this too much. Another thing to consider is version 2 of MMA is hopefully not too far away.
Ian Taylor