MP3 files don't play correctly with MMA on Fiio M11 Plus

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AnOldFella

MP3 files don't play correctly with MMA on Fiio M11 Plus

Post by AnOldFella »

I'm a very long time MMW user with a Lifetime license that I'm using with MMW4 on a Windows 10 PC. I have a substantial FLAC music collection that I've always had to convert to MP3 during sync to play on my iPod Classic Gen 7. I also have a Galaxy S7 with MMA I sometimes use for small collections of my MP3 music. All these devices play all my MP3s just fine.

Now I have a new FiiO M11 Plus LTD running Android 10 that will play my lossless music without first converting it to MP3, so I installed MMA v1.4.3.0950 from the Google Play Store on it and synced my entire music collection. The FLAC files played with MMA are outstanding, but any MP3 that I've tried to play are chopped up like it's only playing every 10,000th bit. Playing those same files with FiiO Music on the M11 sounds normal. I've spent several hours searching for solutions to this issue, but have come up empty. Is this an issue in MMA or are there settings in MMA or on the M11 that will fix it ?

Thanks in advance for any help solving this issue.

Added:
I upgraded to MMA Pro, but still same issue.
Peke

Re: MP3 files don't play correctly with MMA on Fiio M11 Plus

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is bit strange issue, I am suspecting on post processing done by FiiO app can you please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send logs -> Write LOG Id (screenshot) -> Press OK to send it and then reply here with Log ID so that we can locate it as it was not error or crash and then it do not raise red flag.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
AnOldFella

Post by AnOldFella »

I've tried several other music apps from the Google Play store and none of them could play mp3 correctly either. They all sounded just like MMA. The only music player app that does work on the FiiO M11 Plus LTD is FiiO Music.

I used MMW4 to SYNC the music for a single artist to the M11, then played both mp3 and flac tracks for generating the log. I don't have tracks in any other formats to try. I noticed that this time MMA gave me a notification that the codec was missing.

Log ID: L8JZTGH1AJ
AnOldFella

Post by AnOldFella »

Peke:

Were you able to find my log files ?

I also wanted to let you know that I installed several other of the most highly rated Android music players from the Google Play Store and every one of them had the same issue with mp3 tracks as MMA.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I sent notification to developer.

Have you tried VLC and I believe it has own Codec Pack?
Best regards,
Peke
AnOldFella

Post by AnOldFella »

Thanks for letting me know you got the logs.

I haven't tried VLC yet, but will today. I use it for video on all my PCs and other Android devices, but don't normally use it for music.

I did a listening comparison of MMA and FiiO Music using some flac tracks I manually transferred to my FiiO. The difference was very noticeable. With both equalizers set to neutral for all bands and using Sony MDR-V6 monitor headphones, the sound from MMA is thin and muted with a lack of detail when compared to FiiO Music. MM is so much easier to use, so maybe MM can work with FiiO to process the tracks in the same or similar ways to improve the playback ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try disable EQ in MMA as it it depends on OS native EQ and FiiO uses own algo for EQ. If that do not help I am guessing that FiiO route sound thru DSP in order to do a post processing.
AnOldFella wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:44 am maybe MM can work with FiiO to process the tracks
Tried but they are very closed, maybe they are afraid we would want their piece of cake. To be honest we also do not work for free if we do want to improve their product.

EDIT: I had owned M6 and was listening on Audio-technica ATH-M70x so I guessed they improved sound quality meantime as MMA sound was more natural and close to original than FiiO app.
Best regards,
Peke