Playback order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

BangkokWolf

Playback order

Post by BangkokWolf »

Greetings all,

I recently started using this app, and so far I like it. One problem I run into is the track order of some albums (maybe 10% of the total library. Tracks are normally ordered
etc.

For some reason they get displayed all jumbled up in the app.
etc.

I already removed and replaced all the metadata, then converted again, but the problem persists. Not very keen on making separate playlists, as my library is quite extensive.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Playback order

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sorting on Album? If so make sure the Album, Album Artist, Disc# and Track# tags are in order as all those are used to sort files on an Album.
BangkokWolf

Post by BangkokWolf »

Yes, all tracks are numbered in file name and matching numbers in the meta data. Almost all files are displayed correctly under Artists & Album Artists, but some keep getting mixed up in both display and play order.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hi, you seem to indicate that Track# is in order, however that's just one of the tags used for sorting, the other tags as indicated above also factor in sort on Album.
BangkokWolf

Post by BangkokWolf »

All albums are tagged by artist, album name track number (both in track title & in metadata). As stated before, most of the albums display (and play) this correctly, some albums don't. Very frustrating when an album is supposed to play in a certain order.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

BangkokWolf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:44 pmAll albums are tagged by artist, album name track number
That statement doesn't include Disc# which is also included in Album sort.

Also what column are you sorting on? Is it Album, it isn't clear if you answered that.
BangkokWolf

Post by BangkokWolf »

Just discovered there is a PC version. I am using the Android version 1.4.3.0950

As far as I can see, I can not sort on track number per album. Assume there is a way to do it, so please advise.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you were in the wrong forum.

There is no sorting capability in MMA, however the same sorting rules apply: Album > Album Artist > Disc# > Track# > Title.