MM desktop and App on same PC playlist sync

Moderator: Gurus

jwnpghmm

MM desktop and App on same PC playlist sync

Post by jwnpghmm »

I media monkey v4.1.1.1703 running as a desktop program for Win 8.1. I build my playlists there.
I installed the App (windows 8.1) and noticed that my playlists don't show up on the APP after I point the App to all the music files.

is there a way to have the playlists show up automatically after I create/edit them in the desktop environment?

thanks
Lowlander

Re: MM desktop and App on same PC playlist sync

Post by Lowlander »

It doesn't work like that. Playlists are stored in the database.

Not sure if MM8 can pick up Playlists, but if it does you'll need to export them from MMW. Otherwise you can access the MMW Library through UPnP.
Rednroll

Re: MM desktop and App on same PC playlist sync

Post by Rednroll »

jwnpghmm wrote:I media monkey v4.1.1.1703 running as a desktop program for Win 8.1. I build my playlists there.
I installed the App (windows 8.1) and noticed that my playlists don't show up on the APP after I point the App to all the music files.

is there a way to have the playlists show up automatically after I create/edit them in the desktop environment?

thanks
I just went through and figured out how to do this.

See steps in thread posted:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 24&t=76694

If MMW and MM8 are on the same PC. Basically you need to Export all your playlists from MMW and then Import them into MM8. Although, I found a bug but it would be nice to see if anyone else sees the same thing I did. ;)