Windows 8.1 Missing flac track # tags

Moderator: Gurus

r0geredwards

Windows 8.1 Missing flac track # tags

Post by r0geredwards »

On Windows 8.1 MM8 and a flac library it won't read the track number for tracks 8 and 9 on all albums. MMW reads and plays correctly and shows the tags in the UI. So if an album has >7 tracks, numbers 8 and 9 are shown without a track number at the beginning of the list and then the rest are shown in proper order with 8 and 9 missing. The unknown tracks are played first and then the rest of the tracks in correct order.
Lowlander

Re: Windows 8.1 Missing flac track # tags

Post by Lowlander »

This has been reported before and a big update is still in the works.
r0geredwards

Post by r0geredwards »

Sorry, I thought I had thouroughly searched the threads but obviously not carefully enough. Thanks.
nadxb

Post by nadxb »

I was just about to post the same issue so glad I caught this before re-posting again. I'm new to Media Monkey but already absolutely loving it despite this small gripe with tracks 8 and 9 always being at the top of the list without numbers. Looking forward to the fix!

I bought a Surface 2 which came with 200GB SkyDrive (now OneDrive) space. For my current FLAC collection this is more than enough space to have my tracks available on all my devices including home PC that can stream to my receiver. Glad my iTunes days are behind me!
pendergastjm

Post by pendergastjm »

Has this issue been fixed? I am having this exact issue in my version of MM. Thanks, JMP
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MM8 development is currently halted. You may want to try MMW instead.