Crashes on Sync with mm server

Moderator: Gurus

wtfhits

Crashes on Sync with mm server

Post by wtfhits »

I managed to sync with media monkey server once (not sure if it was before or after I upgraded to Windows 8.1 - which I've now done) - although I don't think it actually finished properly, but ever since then it crashes as soon as it's checked the sync list.

I tried uninstalling from the Windows 8 machine, and deleting the device from Media Monkey.
wtfhits

Re: Crashes on Sync with mm server

Post by wtfhits »

Update: I turned off "delete unselected items" and "sync files and playlists back to server" and it's got further - now downloading songs.

Will update again once that's completed.
wtfhits

Post by wtfhits »

It has now finished syncing all my tracks.

But it crashes as soon as it tries to sync playlists. The first one appears, but is empty.

So basically the sync server seems to be able to handle actual sync of tracks, but is hugely unstable for anything else.

I'd also like to ask - and I think this has been mentioned elsewhere - why is WiFi sync not free at the moment? It is clearly a long way from being mature (to even have the sync server you have to have the Beta version of MMW!) and really should be free until it works at least somewhat consistently. I have no intention of paying for it right now, which means I'm more likely to just end up not using it rather than helping to test it out and find bugs.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Update for metro app will be soon (i hope) and MMW 4.1 is almost ready for release.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643