Windows 10 MM Not found in Windows Store

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

jv59

Windows 10 MM Not found in Windows Store

Post by jv59 »

I tried to download the MM app for Windows (metro) or whatever it's called for Windows 10. The app could not be found in the Windows Store.

We cannot find the app .... Error 0x80070002
dtsig

Re: Windows 10 MM Not found in Windows Store

Post by dtsig »

So you arent running full 10?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
jv59

Post by jv59 »

I'm not sure what you mean by full Windows 10.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro the release version. My PC was automatically updated last week.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jv59 wrote:
I'm running Windows 10 Pro the release version. My PC was automatically updated last week.
You probably want to be running the full version of MediaMonkey for Windows then.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

I am running the full version, but I was just wondering what happened to the Windows metro version. Will it be available again for Windows 10?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jv59 wrote:I am running the full version, but I was just wondering what happened to the Windows metro version. Will it be available again for Windows 10?
The devs have not officially made any announcement, but my guess is that it will be discontinued in favor of either porting MediaMonkey for Android to Windows 10 or simply replacing it with the new MediaMonkey 5 version that is supposed to be much friendlier in regards to touchscreen, cross-platform capability, etc.

This is just my speculation as MM8 hasn't been updated in over 2 years and the growing chatter about MediaMonkey 5, plus that many reliable sources are reporting that Android apps will be very easy to port to Windows 10.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

Sounds good ... Thanks for the quick responses.
JeffGr

Post by JeffGr »

There is actually a very good reason why the Windows Store edition of MM should be maintained and, most likely, should start to become a primary focus. That reason is connected standby, which is increasingly becoming a standard feature on new Windows laptops and tablets. When a device goes into Connected Standby, any desktop applications that are playing audio are silenced, while audio from Store applications continues to play. That means that older audio applications (like the desktop version of MM) are of very limited use on newer devices.