Windows RT Wifi Sync Questions

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

Loquah

Windows RT Wifi Sync Questions

Post by Loquah »

I've just purchased the addon to allow syncing between my MS Surface and my main computer, but I can't find any documentation to answer the following 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to begin syncing without going into the settings menu? Am I not seeing a setting or a button for some kind of automated sync once the setup is done the first time?
2) When I hit "sync now" via the synchronization settings menu the system appears to be working, but the sync never completes - I'm guessing the Surface goes into sleep mode during the sync and shuts down the Wifi connection. Is there a way to have the sync complete without having to sit with the device and keep it "awake"?

Also, in relation to question 3, if the answer is "no" (i.e. not now and not ever) is there a way to get a refund?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: Windows RT Wifi Sync Questions

Post by Lowlander »

1) It's also on the homescreen top action bar.
2) As there is a big rewrite in the works there is no troubleshooting for problems in the current version (as it will work very differently in the new version). Have you tried changing sleep settings on the Surface to see if a sync can complete?
Loquah

Re: Windows RT Wifi Sync Questions

Post by Loquah »

No problems. Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the new version to evaluate further.

As for the sync button, I hadn't tried swiping from the top or bottom of the screen - duh!