MediaMonkey for Win 8 / RT FAQ

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

PetrCBR

Re: MediaMonkey for Win 8 / RT FAQ

Post by PetrCBR »

M3U playlists are supported (they are imported at the end of scan).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
themugen

Post by themugen »

Just a quick question. And it may be a silly/obvious one, but on the metro tile what does the number (like notification) mean?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

It depends on settings (open settings charm and select General).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Toddcraft

Post by Toddcraft »

Is there any way to get last.fm to work with this?
Brand

MediaMonkey Metro - Cluttered Artists List

Post by Brand »

As I have many albums with various artists (each sond has in the tag the artist name, the AlbumArtist is VA). The new MM-Metro-Interface is now cluttered with artists who have only one song when I select "Artists". Artists who have their own albums are lost in the mist. How can I show a list sorted by AlbumArtist? Why is there no button for AlbumArtist? I can bear which the many chrashes and some Artist have now 29 Albums for 29 songs (?) and that functions are less than classic MM. But the missing AlbumArtist I cannot accept, I am even considering now to switch to iTunes (shame on me).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Metro (MM8) is not a replacement for MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW), but it complements it as a Metro option. For a full feature set you'd still use MMW.

Last.fm doesn't work with MM8 at the moment however you can stream from MMW to MM8 and have MMW scrobble to last.fm that way.
webrider

.aax no containing in Mediamonkey?

Post by webrider »

Hello Team.

I'm using Win8 and I started my first download also at audible-books (amazon). All ok, but I cannot play it with my Media monkey. With Win Mediaplayer no problem. But I want to use for music an audible books Media monkey. But I think the annex of .aax isn't in Mediamonkey. What to do?
MiPi

Re: .aax no containing in Mediamonkey?

Post by MiPi »

webrider wrote:Hello Team.

I'm using Win8 and I started my first download also at audible-books (amazon). All ok, but I cannot play it with my Media monkey. With Win Mediaplayer no problem. But I want to use for music an audible books Media monkey. But I think the annex of .aax isn't in Mediamonkey. What to do?
Audible audio is not currently supported by MediaMonkey. Audible made support only for WMP and their own player, their codec cannot be used in other players. We will try to negotiate it with them (for use in desktop version of MM4), but I am doubtful about the result.
webrider

Post by webrider »

Ok thanks, so I'll write to amazon audible (I'm amazon customer for a long time already). If the want that I'll buy also in the future audible book, so I want to hear it with my player. Lets see if it helps. :roll:
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

I agree with the Phone 8 request, how difficult would it be to enable this on windows 8 phone as well? MMW, MMA, now MMWP?

Just as you delivered this for Android, my office hands me a Windows 8 phone and I'm back to the drawing board...

PLEASE?
sancmat

Post by sancmat »

Hi. I just started using the app version of media monkey and I find a couple of major features missing or hard to find. If these features are not available from the touch screen interface is it possible to have the desktop version pointing at the same MM.DB?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, you only can access the MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW) database through UPnP (DLNA) on MediaMonkey for Metro.
sneeze

Post by sneeze »

Hi there,

I have a question. I just bought the windows 8 app for the lyrics search function but now I don't know where to found them ??

Thanks,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Settings under Playback you can enable automatic Lyric lookup.
Christopher Lyons

Post by Christopher Lyons »

Hi -

I am trying to use MM on a new touchscreen win 8.1 laptop. The standard app doesn't work too well with touch. I've already upgraded to gold, but I'm starting to wonder if the Metro version might not suit me better. If I understand an earlier post, I can't have both versions use the same db, right?

Which version is a better bet for my situation? (around 10K songs, mostly FLAC)