[SOLVED] Wrong entries in Album Artist view

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

sonymaster

[SOLVED] Wrong entries in Album Artist view

Post by sonymaster »

I have a lot of albums with different artists. For example, an album with Album Artist = BestOf70 with some tracks with different artists. In MMW, an entry with the name BestOf70 is displayed under the Album Artist node.
In MMA, the BestOf70 entry is not displayed. Instead, an entry with the same cover of BestOf70 is displayed, but the name is any artist from the album BestOf70.
When I select the whole album and press the pencil button (edit), the album artist field is filled with the artist name and not BestOf70.
I copied the file from the phone back to the PC and checked the tags and both MMW and a tag editor tool shows the correct values.

When I change the album artist in MMA to the correct value BestOf70, the entry under the album artist list is fine. So I think that during the scanning process the tag information is read incorrectly.

I hope I was able to describe the problem clearly.

MMA Pro Version: 1.4.2.0945
Lowlander

Re: Wrong entries in Album Artist view

Post by Lowlander »

How did you Sync those files to your device?
sonymaster

Post by sonymaster »

I selected all tracks in MMW and used the Send To -> My Mobile Phone option.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW did you Sync from?
sonymaster

Post by sonymaster »

I have updated to the current version of MMW and synced all files new and now it seems to work :o

Now, all lyrics are synced too. But I'm a little bit confused. Why can MMA not read the right meta data from the files? And why is it dependent on the MMW version?
Other player apps could read the meta data correctly from the same files, so the files contains the right meta data.

Nevertheless, many thanks for your support!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
sonymaster wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:32 am Why can MMA not read the right meta data from the files? And why is it dependent on the MMW version?
MMA Media scanner in v1.x is dependent on Android google Media Scanner, that do not support all tag fields and formats. We are planning to remedy that in MMA 2.0 by making our own tagger, so for now MMA depends on MMW to send lyrics or be found in Auto Search.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sonymaster

Post by sonymaster »

Thanks for your explanation!