[Bug] Album not displayed

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Gray Beard

[Bug] Album not displayed

Post by Gray Beard »

I recently added a new album to my music library. After syncing, the album is not displayed in MMA. The album is not displayed in the album list. The artist is not displayed in the artist or album artist lists. The tracks are not displayed in the track list. The tracks are indeed on the device where I told MMW to put them. I can find the tracks on the album by searching any of the aforementioned lists. The problem only occurs with this one album. The Android Sonos app displays the album as expected. What could be causing this?

The problem occurs on both my Samsung Galaxy Note10+ and Galaxy Tab S6 running MMA 1.4.1.0937 on Android 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gray Beard

Re: [Bug] Album not displayed

Post by Gray Beard »

I figured it out. The album in question is classical. As I don't have enough classical music in my library to warrant separate organization, my practice has been to set the genre to "Classical" and store it in the "Music" folder on my devices.

What I discovered in this particular case was that the type in the album metadata was set to "Classical Music" instead of "Music". That's why MMA acted as though it didn't see the album. Changing the type to "Music" fixed the problem.

Hopefully this will help someone else who encounters the same problem.