Volume level on MMA not working

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

Android 11

Post by gordol »

MMA 1.4.2.0939 on a Samsung Galaxy s20+.

The phone just updated to Android 11 / OneUI 3.0 this morning. Volume leveling no longer seems to be working. I've verified that it's enabled on both the phone and MMW, and I'm now getting larger than normal volume differences between songs.
rhpgBowie

Volume level on MMA not working

Post by rhpgBowie »

In MM5 all track volumes are analyzed, and playback with Level Playback Volume works perfectly. When syncing with MMA, track volumes are correctly synced (showing under Properties - Leveling). However, even though 'Level volume' is selected in MMA under Options - Playback, changes in Track Volume do not affect playback volume on MMA.
=) What can I do to correct strongly varying track volume levels??
Lowlander

Re: Volume level on MMA not working

Post by Lowlander »

Which build of MMW5 and MMA and did you do a USB or wifi Sync? It works fine for me.
rhpgBowie

Post by rhpgBowie »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:59 pm Which build of MMW5 and MMA and did you do a USB or wifi Sync? It works fine for me.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for not responding earlier; I thought I'd be notified of replies.
I'm using MM5 version 5.0.0.2218 (Windows 10) and MMA 1.4.1.0937, wifi Sync.

What exactly do you do if e.g. a certain track is way too loud?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
5.0.0.2218 is very old and outdated version please upgrade to 5.0.0.2291+ and see if happens again.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rhpgBowie

Post by rhpgBowie »

Thank you Peke. I hesitate to download a newer MM5 version because I'm worried it may conflict with my current MM5 installation. How do I install version 5.0.0.2291 in a situation where 5.0.0.2218 is already installed?

Many thanks in advance,
Rob
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should update (ie. install on top). You're using an old beta beta build, while a newer RC build exists that has many fixes since that release.