Having Android Sync Issues? Special Characters in Filenames

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

frankz

Re: SOLVED !!!!!! Any Way to Avoid Wireless and USB Sync

Post by frankz »

sirandar wrote:Any file or directory with .,():;& causes album art issues for any ablum that has more than one artist. The album art is missing when scrolling through artists in the artist tab ......but not when viewing tracks
This is true. See my post from May 3 in this thread. Don't know if it's because of the directory or file name, but it does happen.
Peke

Re: Having Android Sync Issues? Special Characters in Filen

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just synced MP3 with Cyrillic character filename without problems on Moto G1 LTE 5.1 Android without any issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

I cleared out all the problem directory and Filenames using a program called "advanced renamer" .

Since then I haven't had any issues with sync hanging or album art.

I did the original sync USB and then tried a Wifi after .... MMA still wanted to sync 900ish files that were already there. Annoying but everything works after
Peace through music
vlatard

Post by vlatard »

Really dissapionted with the synch feature. Sometimes works like a charm....and sometimes simply...no works. Cant connect. As simple as this. The reason??? Only God knows....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll have to give more details like versions of MMA, MMW and Android. Best yet is to send a debug log right after a sync failure and open a Support Ticket with the logID.
MusicKing

Post by MusicKing »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 am You'll have to give more details like versions of MMA, MMW and Android. Best yet is to send a debug log right after a sync failure and open a Support Ticket with the logID.
You and me both know the details of this problem Lowlander. MMW hangs when syncronizing with MMA. See:

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12961

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 16#p444216

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... tion-fails

https://androidforums.com/threads/how-t ... id.852300/

And it's still not fixed till this day.
Peke

Re: Having Android Sync Issues? Special Characters in Filenames

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As already said MTP Freeze is on system Driver level not in MMW as it can be easy replicated using plain Windows Explorer without even MMW started, we can only provide workarounds and supply info to manufacturers in order to release new USB/MTP driver to address the problem. Unfortunately many do not reply or do not want to fix it, thus WiFi or Direct to SDCard sync is the best option.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Having Android Sync Issues? Special Characters in Filenames

Post by Lowlander »

There are way too many variables in the Android universe. Sync works fine for me and many others. I also have had plenty of problems and debug logs are the way to solve for your particular setup. You can also read many topics where sync issues have been resolved for those that had problems.