No Music from SDCard1 in Library[#13140]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jsillup

No Music from SDCard1 in Library[#13140]

Post by jsillup »

All beta releases since 1.1.3.0531, including 0551 which I just tried, will not show music from /Storage/SDCard1 in the library on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I assume because I'm running CyanogenMod 12.1 (based on Lollipop 5.1.1) on a phone that still has Gingerbread file structure. If I do an upgrade from 0531, which works fine for me, my library gets reduced to only music stored on SDCard0, which is Internal Storage. If I do a clean install, scan stops very quickly and only lists the (3) albums I have in /Storage/SDCard0/Music, it seems to completely ignore /Storage/SDCard1/Music despite showing this in the list of library folders. There is no problem accessing SDCard1, the MediaMonkey folder gets created and storage.xml gets written there, and music on SDCard1 manually selected from "Folders" plays. So I have to restore 0531 from backup in order to see my full library in MediaMonkey on my phone. I've submitted logs, most recently 8WW7L6CMSG after a clean install of version 0550 this morning. I hope I won't have to freeze MMA at version 0531, it is very disappointing that newer versions won't work on my phone, which is admittedly old but still working well for me. And Poweramp has no problem building a library from the same /Storage/SDCard1/Music folder so it would seem that MMA should also be able to, which it could until beta 1.1.3.0535.
bhiefer

Re: No Music from SDCard1 in Library

Post by bhiefer »

Hi, thank you for your log. I really see that the Music folder on sd card is skipped. But I do not see the cause. I had to create new special build where I added some log messages. Could you please try to install it, start MediaMonkey, go to Options->Check for new/changed media and send new logs.

You can find the apk in PM

Thank you!
jsillup

Post by jsillup »

As requested, logs from debug version 1.1.3.553 have been sent. LAM1N0AHV7 is after upgrade from 1.1.3.531 which deleted all music in the library from SDCard1 as usual. 3ME0J8BVIV is after a clean install which did not post any music from SDCard1 in the library. Thanks for looking into my problem, I hope a solution can be found!
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Thank you for your help. We will release new build soon where this issue will be fixed.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

A new build that should resolve this has been posted at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 65#p420410

Can you please confirm whether it works for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty
jsillup

Post by jsillup »

I'm very happy to report that beta 1.1.3.0554 is able to fill the library with music from SDCard1 in my Galaxy S2 running CM 12.1 again! I've sent log E7WNH6V434 after a clean install in case it might be of interest. Thanks for the quick fix, especially on a weekend which I never expected, and thanks for continuing to support old legacy devices such as my S2. I'm going to submit a 5-star review in Google Playstore expressing my appreciation for great support!