1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

DungHo

Re: 1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Post by DungHo »

Rusty- I sent the log file. it's from nghenngao@yahoo.com. There were no option to export the file for attachment.

rusty wrote:Hi Dung Ho,

Thanks for testing this.

Can you:
1) Tap choose library folders screen, reconfirm that the correct paths are enabled, and then exiting it (this should trigger a scan)
2) Generate a debug log (Options > About MediaMonkey > Send logs) and post the log id here
3) Re-confirm the exact path that your music is stored to

Thanks.

-Rusty
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

Log ID: 1G61WS1NS3 Description: Grant access error on LG G4. No media found on external storage
icon

Post by icon »

rusty wrote:Hi Renato,

If you've granted access to the SD card, and have set the Choose Library Folders to be able to see the library contents, then MMA should display all contents from the library. If you then sync to SDCard\Music, it should sync correctly.

So to test:
1) Grant access to the SD card (and back out of the configuration after the folder chooser sends you back to the MMA grant access screen) if you haven't already.
2) In options > choose library folders, enable all the relevant folders (and let me know if these were disabled--which would tell us why the tracks were missing)
3) sync

Go to the Tracks or Playlist view and see if it did the trick...
EDIT: If it doesn't work, please immediately generate a debug log (Options > About MediaMonkey > Send debug log), and post the log ID here).

Thanks.

-Rusty
Hi Rusty

Strange things happen with Build 493. After updating to 493, I had all files in "Android/data/com.ventis.../music" folder on my SD Card. My playlist were fine, i could access all those files. This morning, all my playlists were empty. I could not access any file in the above path, but the mp3's (around 2000) were still there.

So it seems, that MM lost access to the files. Propably, after I restarted my phone, but not sure.
When I synchronize now, it tries to download again all 2000 mp3 files.

When I look into choose library options, I see the following folders on the external SD Card:
/Android/data/com.ventis.../Music/
/Android/data/com.ventis.../Playlists/
/Android/data/com.ventis.../Video/
/Android/data/com.ventis.../Videos/
/Music/
/Playlists/
/Video/
/Videos/

I've tried then to delete the first 4 folders, assuming that MM will then sync to /Music/ directly afterwars. But when I try to delete those folders, nothing happes. It remains in the list. I've send you a debug report, after trying to delete the folder with Description "#12918" and Log ID 2B907AG6EK

Anyway, now i am doing a sync and it seems, that every of the 2000 mp3 files is copied againg to the /Android/data/com.ventis.../Music/ folder again, because the folder size is counting up now.

Hope this helps to find the bug. Let me know, if you need futher info.
Rudhan

SD card not visible

Post by Rudhan »

I have installed the Beta version of MMA, when I connect the USB cable is only Phone visible, not Card. With the release version do both show.

MMA Beta 1.1.3.0494
MMW 4.1.9.1764
Windows 7 SP1 64 pro
Samsung Galaxy S5
WindyCityME

Post by WindyCityME »

My MM still does not allow me to load my music from the SD card on LG G4. I select the Music directory on the SD card, MM shows I have selected still now music loaded. If I don't get this working I will want a refund from my MM Pro app. How do I get this to work??? Help please. I have updated to 1.1.3.0493 MM now and still does not work (was on 1.1.3.0491 prior).

Any assistance you can give me?

Mark
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just wanted to say thank you for all the feedback. We're hard at work on these issues, and hope to have a fix by Tuesday.

-Rusty
icon

Post by icon »

rusty wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for all the feedback. We're hard at work on these issues, and hope to have a fix by Tuesday.

-Rusty
Hi Rusty

Today, i've upgraded to build 496. After I selected the SDCard root and clicked the select button, i came back to the MM grant access page and there was an message displayed: "Path null was not requested. Please look at list above".

I've send a debug after that with ID EFDY9SVS7I

Furthermore, I had only 3 out of 7 playlists visible on my Android after upgrading. The other disappeared. After doing a sync with desktop, the missing playlist were back.

Any advise welcome.
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

I installed the new MM build, experience the same as icon above. Music is there and synced to the right folder. However, playlists are showing "empty" on all mine.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback. We're examining the logs you've sent.

-Rusty
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

i just synced my phone and it looks like MMA is still syncing it to "This PC\G4\SD card\Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\Music"

It should sync to "This PC\G4\SD card\Music" as it did before the update
Peke

Post by Peke »

If Tracks are not seen and you have set folders correctly can you pleas etry to use MMA folders Browser and see if that will show files?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

fyi, we just posted build 499. Aside from more storage/permission-related fixes fixes we've also reverted behavior for devices for which MMA is unable to determine the storage ID so that it uses app-specific storage only rather than lollipop's storage access framework (see details in the release changelog). This is a temporary measure until we fully resolve the remaining issues.

Please let us know if it solves the problems for you. Thanks.

-Rusty
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

Hi rusty,
just installed the latest update and everything seems to be working perfectly. Will report back if I have issue. I'm a heavy user of MMA and MM.

thanks for the troubleshooting.
rklevy

Build 499

Post by rklevy »

After considerable hassling, including uninstalling, reinstalling and re-syncing MMA on my HTC M8, I finally got it working.

This a.m. (10/9/2015), Build 499 was installed on my phone and now MMW does NOT see my SD card and only occasionally sees my Internal Storage on the phone. Because my music/podcasts, etc are on my SD card, I can't sync with my MMW library!

What's going on?
Ryche

Re: Build 499

Post by Ryche »

Having the exact same issue. I had some previous issues that actually caused me to uninstall MMA from my phone, but support sent me a note saying the issues were resolved with MMA 499. I had no problems with the install, granting permissions, etc, but soon as I went to sync, the same thing (phone - LG G3 in my case - not showing on the MMW list) occurred. I sent an email/ticket to MM support. If I hear anything from them that works, I'll post it here...