Galaxy s3 + 64gb SD card

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Absoluteg0

Galaxy s3 + 64gb SD card

Post by Absoluteg0 »

I have a question for those of you who have used MMA to sync with your galaxy s3 + a 64gb SD card. Does it work?

I'm considering buying one, but I would only use it for music. I'd rather not drop $100 and find it doesn't work properly. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic. Thanks for any help!
sirandar

Re: Galaxy s3 + 64gb SD card

Post by sirandar »

Absoluteg0 wrote:I have a question for those of you who have used MMA to sync with your galaxy s3 + a 64gb SD card. Does it work?

I'm considering buying one, but I would only use it for music. I'd rather not drop $100 and find it doesn't work properly. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic. Thanks for any help!
I have the exact same combination and I can say it works very well with my whole library in native format .... no syncing and complete stability BUT there is a very specific way to get it to work and the only card in my hands that had stability was fro SanDisk. You also need to use PowerAmp as your player as the default Android file catalogger "mediaserver" chokes on large MM library and eats your battery.

See my thread on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2207305
Peace through music
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have a 64Gb SanDisk in my Galaxy Note and it seems to work so far. I don't see the files in the MMA Library, however I can access them through Folders on MMA.

PS. I don't know if that means that play stats aren't synced back.
Absoluteg0

Post by Absoluteg0 »

Thanks guys!
Iffland

Post by Iffland »

I also use this setup.

My whole library fits easily on the 64 GB micro sd card. I use MMA to sync my playlists and playcounts from PC to MMA and vice versa but I have discovered this strange behaviour that everytime I sync on wifit MMA asks me to delete about 3xx files and then syncs 4xx files a new while I have no clue why. The library didnt change and afterwards I got all those 4xx titles as a duplicate. Anyone has an idea?

Everything else works really fine - after some fine tuning!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA?
Iffland

Post by Iffland »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MMW and MMA?
MM on Windows 8.1 4.1.0.1644
MMA 1.0.4.0179

Both latest afaik - thx for asking!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW is at build 1669, so you should update.
Iffland

Post by Iffland »

Lowlander wrote:MMW is at build 1669, so you should update.
Done this - deleted whole SD card - synced again. New problem: Titles are not double anymore but therefore all my playlists doubled while they contain no songs :/
rusty

Post by rusty »

To start from a clean slate you need to delete the SD card, clear the MMA application data, _and_ delete the problematic sync profile in MMW. Also, make sure to run MMA once before syncing (to recreate the deleted config files) if you're doing a USB sync.

We've observed this problem (duplicates in playlists) on occasion as well, and are tracking it at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11481

Thanks!

-Rusty
Iffland

Post by Iffland »

Ok - thx for the support here!