New version 124 no longer does wireless sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

New version 124 no longer does wireless sync

Post by PhilDG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm

MMA updated itself today to the latest version 124 and I can no longer sync anything. It has sync'd back my plays but after it finishes analyzing the sync list, it either does nothing or says it has sent a debug log - hopefully that has reached the devs?

PhilDG

Re: New version 124 no longer does wireless sync

Post by PhilDG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:29 pm

I have uninstalled this version and downloaded the most recent apk from the forum and the sync works fine again.

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 pm

PhilDG wrote:MMA updated itself today to the latest version 124 and I can no longer sync anything. It has sync'd back my plays but after it finishes analyzing the sync list, it either does nothing or says it has sent a debug log - hopefully that has reached the devs?
I have the same issue. Logs dispatched also.

BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Mine was consistently crashing at the confirm delete step. I went into MMW and turned of the confirmation, and the next few syncs all worked fine.

I haven't tried turning the confirmation back on yet.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?

Marz

Post by Marz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Wireless Sync No longer works. It's like my device is a new device every time.

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:30 am

I get "analysing synch list" .... "debug logs have been send" ... "unfortunately, MediaMonkey has stopped"

started happening with app store update ... until then it was working ok.

MMA: 1.0.4.0124
MMW: 4.1.0.1630

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 am

Barry4679 wrote:I get "analysing synch list" .... "debug logs have been send" ... "unfortunately, MediaMonkey has stopped"
If I do a *USB* synch of the same android device from MMW it completes w/o error, although results not quite as expected:

* I can download new items to the device by flagging them in MMW's Auto-Synch (->Device)
* items which are unflagged are deleted from the device, but they remain in MMA indices (Artist, Album etc) .. If I attempt to play the tracks I get "xxxx not found"
* there is an album which is not flagged via MMW, but which is not detected and processed by deletion ... MMW "Delete other files and playlists from the device" option is checked, and set to Unselected Library files ... the files are in my lMMW ibrary, and were added to MMA via either a MM WiFi or USB synch ... the tracks are playable on MMA

Update: If I browse to the device from MMW I can see MMW's version of the android device's contents.
* it's indices do not include items which were deleted via the 2nd bullet point above (ie. they are gone from the device, and from the MMW view of the device, but not from the MMA index)
* the album which is there, but shouldn't (3rd bullet point above), is visible to MMW (it is in the artist & album indices) ... it can see the tracks, so why isn't it deleting them when synching?

BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 am

I'd like to ammend my last comment. I'm getting way more sync failures in this build than in previous ones. A few go through, but it's rare.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Have you tried cleaning MMA folders from device and uninstalling MMA before installing new one?

Also As there is several changes to sync always use latest MMW and MMA
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

PhilDG

Post by PhilDG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:53 am

I didn't try uninstalling MMA simply because in the Play store I appear to have had the Allow automatic update checked and so it updated for me. I didn't even realise it had done so until I had an issue and I looked at the versions.

What do I need to remove after uninstalling the software?

In addition, I was trying to stop MMA asking for permission to delete existing items but changing the entries in MMW didn't make any difference. I then removed the entries and so have no device profiles for either the internal SD or external cards but it never creates me a new profile - any ideas?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 am

Do you still see a sync server in MMA? If so have you setup sync in MMA again?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

PhilDG

Post by PhilDG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 am

I can still see Sync Server and it still analyzes the sync list after connecting and it still crashes when prompting for deleting. It's very strange as it gives the message that I might need to grant access in MMW but it never actually prompts me to do so.

bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one reporting wifi sync issues of this type now. I'll watch this thread now since it appears to be getting more response.

PhilDG

Post by PhilDG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm

I have now removed MMA, removed all of the media monkey folders on my Android device and music, re-installed MMA and on the 2nd time I try and sync it fails at the confirm deletion stage. What else do I need to do to start from scratch for the new version of MMA?

jiri

Post by jiri » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Please wait for the next release (hopefully tomorrow), which will resolve the issue.

Jiri