Better Notification of Reason for Failed Sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

screwloose

Better Notification of Reason for Failed Sync

Post by screwloose » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Last night I decided to sync some new tracks to my phone and despite several attempts I kept getting sync failed. I did note that my phone then sent you debug logs. But it would be nice to get some better user notification of why it failed. ex. Connection lost, bad file, write error, application really has no clue.... I would certainly try to send you a better bug report or even example files that caused the failure but the player didn't give me enough to go on (I am a programmer by trade so I know these things can be really helpful). I'm staring at a 400 song playlist with no hints as to what I may have to prune or how to help you guys.

I have loved MM since the SongsDB days and would love to give you the feedback needed to make MMA bulletproof and awesome. :D

Latest MMA 1.0.1.0098 and MMW 4.1.0.1623

screwloose

Re: Better Notification of Reason for Failed Sync

Post by screwloose » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am

I should add the above problems were with wireless syncing. I was able to sync the exact same playlists by plugging in my phone last night.