MMA stutters/drops for a sec with wired earphones

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rklevy1953

MMA stutters/drops for a sec with wired earphones

Post by rklevy1953 »

Using v. 1.4.0930 on Samsung S9 and Android 10 but I've noticed this before using earlier version of MMA (beta) and Android.

I have bluetooth enabled in my home for my PC and My Vizio TV (built in casting using low power BT). When I leave the house wearing wired earpods, I have noticed that about 80% of the time (but not always), that I get a short stutter/audio drop as soon as soon as I am out of range of BT (as indicated by the BT icon dropping on my phone). This occurs nearly at the same time that I lose my home Wifi connection as well but definitely when BT drops. The track continues playing normally afterward although sometimes I think there might be a skip in the track that has occurred as well. I can not reproduce this behavior when I am not using a wired headset, and play my tracks directly through the phone speakers.

I thought this might be caused when the phone is sending out a notification of dropping the BT connection but I can not confirm this nor does the phone give any indication that the BT is dropped other than the loss of the BT icon in the notification bar.

Is this an expected behavior or a bug either in the phone system or MMA? I should add that this occurs whether or not "suppress notification sounds" is active.
Lowlander

Re: MMA stutters/drops for a sec with wired earphones

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from About in MMA right after this occurs and reply here with the logID.

Is your device connected to any Bluetooth device when you walk out of range?
rklevy1953

Re: MMA stutters/drops for a sec with wired earphones

Post by rklevy1953 »

The log file is ZH5G8FE9YH and was created wearing wired earbuds....The stutter/skip occurred on disconnect from BT and again when BT reconnected upon returning to my home.

Yes...the phone is connected through BT to my PC when this has occurred...I haven't test it without the PC being connected however.