DLNA Rendering but Playback is on MediaMonkey Player

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

typecrazy789

DLNA Rendering but Playback is on MediaMonkey Player

Post by typecrazy789 »

I have a very specific thing I'm trying to accomplish, which is to push audio from Logitech Media Server (because of the wonderful AI playlist creator, Spicefly Sugarcube) through the old Winamp version of Sqrsoft's crossfader plug-in. I have the plug-in installed in MM, and it works as it should, and it would appear that everything is here that I need via the Tools>Settings>Player page, except...

When I enable MM to allow the player to accept input/control, I am only able to send audio through it if the "Choose Player" dropdown is set to the UPnP/DLNA selection, when then will not output through the crossfader, as it is an output plug-in, it wants to simply pass the audio on to another renderer on the network (Foobar2k, in this instance).

Is there any way to make this work using MM? Basically I'm trying to use MM as a renderer, but then use the built-in MM player to play the content, using the Sqrsoft plug-in as the output device. That all works as it's fine if I just play files directly from MM, but I can't get the DLNA setup to work.
Peke

Re: DLNA Rendering but Playback is on MediaMonkey Player

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it is not possible as all output plugins including SQR are designed to output locally on sound card hardware not thru tunneling thru stream data :(

I am working on a engine that allows that simultaneously on Local sound card and and also allow external Devices, PCs to connect to MM output stream and be able to play it, but LAG and delay per device is making a lots of problems. So this takes years :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
typecrazy789

Post by typecrazy789 »

Thanks so much - actually I can’t get it to output to the sound card via sqrsoft, since if I could do that I could capture it otherwise. With the MM player selection set to UPnP/DLNA it appears to work, titles show up, time elapses, but no sound. With it set to MM player I see titles, but that’s it - they don’t appear to play so nothing happens. This is how it should work, right? Just making sure I don’t have something wrong.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Now you confused me completely.
I used http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300084 with MM4 and set SQR crossfader to be output plugin. Then played some tracks from library and my d:\ and they played normally on my headphones.
Can you please let me know what you have done so that it doesn't play?
Best regards,
Peke
typecrazy789

Post by typecrazy789 »

That works fine for me too, it’s when I’m trying to use the DLNA connection and play tracks via another player but have them play through MM to use the crossfader that it doesn’t work. Just playing tracks directly out of MM works fine, but as I’ve said I’m trying to send audio to MM via a UPnP/DLNA bridge and I get no output when I do this. Track names show up but there’s no progress bar and no audio.
Last edited by typecrazy789 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you trying to use MediaMonkey as the Player (Internal Player) or trying to have MediaMonkey play to a DLNA client instead?

I thought the latter for which SQRSoft won't work as DLNA just passes the files, it's up to the final playback device to apply any output management (like crossfading) to the played files.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
With each new build of MM5 I test that oen MM5 can play/push tracks to other MM5 and/or DLNA capable devices and I can't replicate that also.

Here is what I use:
1. Start MM5 viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d on both PCs
2. Select track(s) on one -> and start playback -> use play to icon to select second PC MM5 -> OK
3. Verify taht Both audio and Video play on second PC.

Same goes for few other devices I test with.
Best regards,
Peke
typecrazy789

Post by typecrazy789 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:06 pm Are you trying to use MediaMonkey as the Player (Internal Player) or trying to have MediaMonkey play to a DLNA client instead?

I thought the latter for which SQRSoft won't work as DLNA just passes the files, it's up to the final playback device to apply any output management (like crossfading) to the played files.
Im trying to do the former.
typecrazy789

Post by typecrazy789 »

So first of all, apologies that I didn’t state I was using MM 4.1 - I’m a longtime MN user (15 years or more) and it didn’t dawn on me that 5 might handle DLNA differently, but it does.

After installing 5 I’m now able to get audio through the MM player but only for 10-12 seconds then it stops. The LMS bridge has settings for HTTP mode and the only thing that works at all is chunked, so I’m guessing this means that MM is playing the first segment and not able to transition into the next. I presume this has more to do with the bridge than MM, correct?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
typecrazy789 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 am it didn’t dawn on me that 5 might handle DLNA differently, but it does.
Very much so, MM5 also support chromecast, Speaker groups, ...
typecrazy789 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 am After installing 5 I’m now able to get audio through the MM player but only for 10-12 seconds then it stops.
In order to answer that you would need to create Debug LOG, Compress it (ZIP it) and attach to Supprt ticke along with reference to this topic and we will see whay and what can be done to remedy that.
typecrazy789 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 am I’m a longtime MN user (15 years or more)
For that thank you very much and I am glad that you turned to us for a help.
Best regards,
Peke