Search issues with UPnP on Android

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Ginsoakedboy21

Search issues with UPnP on Android

Post by Ginsoakedboy21 »

Hi,

I am running a media monkey server on a windows box and connecting via my Android phone, and using it for sharing an MP3 library of c. 15,000 songs. (Local network only)

The issue I am having is that when searching UPnP from the Android device, not all tracks are showing. Only specific tracks and albums appear by certain artists. Note that it's the same tracks / albums which are invisible every time. These tracks appear no problem when searching the library directly on the windows box.

Sometime I can find these tracks by searching for a different term - for example searching the album name, not the artist name, but this doesn't always work... it feels almost like the UPnP search datbase (If that is even a thing?) is incomplete.

Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks in advance.
Peke

Re: Search issues with UPnP on Android

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open support ticket and send us link for downloading MM.DB?

Screenshots of searched terms and versions of MMA and MMW/5 you use would be most welcome to help us get to bottom of the problem.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ginsoakedboy21

Re: Search issues with UPnP on Android

Post by Ginsoakedboy21 »

Hi,

After struggling with this for days, I solved it myself an hour after posting here. :roll:

The problem was a tagging issue - The "Artist" tags in my files were all correct, but when searching via UPnP the app was looking for the "AlbumArtist" field, and some of these were missing.

Running a simple batch copy in Mp3Tag from one field to the other has aligned the data, and UPnP works fine now.

Hopefully this will be of use to others.

Thanks for your offer of help Peke.

Cheers, Matt