UPnP: MM Android tablet to analog Stereo system

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CasaCasa

UPnP: MM Android tablet to analog Stereo system

Post by CasaCasa »

I have all my music files on my MM Windows 8.1 laptop and identically on my MM Android tablet. Both have Mediamonkeys latest version 4.
My stereo system is analog and there is no digital input or things like Bluetooth or Wifi.
I would like to stream the music directly with Mediamonkey from my Android tablet to the analog Stereo system via Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.
I wonder if there is a solution to do this and what adapter I would need for the analog stereo system so it can receive the streaming from the tablet.
Lowlander

Re: UPnP: MM Android tablet to analog Stereo system

Post by Lowlander »

There are plenty of cheap bluetooth to headphone out devices out there like https://www.anker.com/products/variant/ ... r/A3352011
CasaCasa

Post by CasaCasa »

I suppose that if such a bluetooth to headphone out device works then a bluetooth to cinch device should also. Have you tested this and how is the quality if the sound? I am used to here quite good quality with my stereo system.
Also, would the streaming from the MM android tablet work smoothly when a stream from the MM android tablet to the stereo system with such a bluetooth to cinch device?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A cable connection between tablet and stereo would be better quality, but Bluetooth works fine. I use a similar device in the car.

Buy from a place with return policy. Quality is subjective and dependent on the hardware you're connecting to.
CasaCasa

Post by CasaCasa »

In the case of a cable connection with the stereo system I would prefer to connect an older laptop (where MM is also installed) with the stereo system.
I have tested this and the sound it very good.
My question is now how to syncronize my main laptop, where MM is running and where I do the administration/maintenance of MM database, with the older laptop that is now connected with the stereo system.
I have already a solution for the song files itself. I syncronize them with Goodsync and I have them on both laptops identically.
My problem is that all the MM database information, like the times I have listend a song, etc., is only available on the main laptop and not on the older one that is connected with the stereo system.
My idea is to setup a second syncronizing job in Goodsync to syncronize also the MM database file where all this information like like the times I have listend a song, etc., should be stored. So the older laptop should have the same MM database.
Is this a solution and do you know where this file is stored within MM and also what is its name?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To copy MediaMonkey to a new PC: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer

The laptop if on wifi can stream from the other laptop via DLNA. This will update play counts on the original laptop: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ervers/4.0

(Each time you move the database to a different PC you have to update the driveID)