TV Video Streaming - Bit rate or file size limitation?

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

T4nkcommander

TV Video Streaming - Bit rate or file size limitation?

Post by T4nkcommander »

Hello, I'm streaming my MediaMonkey library to my Samsung TV (latest version, Pro/Gold versions). I have no issues with music or most videos, but I've noticed a few videos pause every few seconds to buffer, making playback nearly pointless.

I first thought it had to do with filesize - 4k videos, after all - but one video at 1.47gb worked and another at 1.41gb did not. However, a little more investigation shows that the one that worked had a bit rate of 20mpbs as opposed to 70mbps. I'm starting to think this is the culprit. Am I on the right track, and if so, is there a general range I should expect to stream, or is that solely dependent on my network?

Thanks!
Peke

Re: TV Video Streaming - Bit rate or file size limitation?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can set Conversation profiles on all DLNA devices (need to know device IP or MAC) under Tools -> Options -> Media Sharing -> MediaMonkey Library -> options and then find your device and customize auto conversion.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
T4nkcommander

Post by T4nkcommander »

Cool, thanks. So just to make sure I understand properly, I've set any video over 40mbps to be converted to WMV at original specs, only at a bitrate around 30mbps (specifically for my TV). This should mean that when streaming to that device, MM will auto convert on the file to stream better to the TV, while leaving the original file untouched, is that right?

Thanks again.
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
Yes, that is exactly right. Original will not be affected.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts